fort william

nigel dabster

There are lots of people on here that have said that the WTC can't be sustainable and I have been one of them!

The logistics behind it must be a nightmare and I am sure both Jake and Martin had many sleepless nights wondering if the numbers were going to add up, not their fault it is all the facilities that have to be put in place to run this sort of event.

In this present economic climate I too have to look at budgets and I have a passion about Fort William so my budget went on the SSDT, yes I would have loved to have gone to the WTC the last 2 years, but with other holidays to think about it was not possible.

I did however go to Hawkstone Park and the organisation was fantastic, and I much prefer the outdoor to the indoor circus and hopefully a solution one day will suit both riders and organisers, but I bet not many people on here would like to take on a World Trial?

I wish L+M all the best for any future events they may choose to take on and I am sure it is the right decission they have made about 2012.

There are lots of people on here that have said that the WTC can't be sustainable and I have been one of them!

The logistics behind it must be a nightmare and I am sure both Jake and Martin had many sleepless nights wondering if the numbers were going to add up, not their fault it is all the facilities that have to be put in place to run this sort of event.

In this present economic climate I too have to look at budgets and I have a passion about Fort William so my budget went on the SSDT, yes I would have loved to have gone to the WTC the last 2 years, but with other holidays to think about it was not possible.

I did however go to Hawkstone Park and the organisation was fantastic, and I much prefer the outdoor to the indoor circus and hopefully a solution one day will suit both riders and organisers, but I bet not many people on here would like to take on a World Trial?

I wish L+M all the best for any future events they may choose to take on and I am sure it is the right decission they have made about 2012.

Good point(s) well made., When oh when will the FIM wake up to the fact that we cannot sustain the "lavish" lifestyle of the WTC. I helped run a BTC Youth round at Bracken Rocks last weekend and we tried to make it look like a WTC with taped sections. Cost naff all to set the sections out (apart from time)....what more do you need apart from car parking for yer van (if you can't get yer artic into the event ...tough ******* luck!)

Hi all,

I'm sure the FIM make hoops of all shapes and sizes for any prospective WTC event organizer to jump through.....a combination of Euro rubbish and a seemingly unwillingness to adapt to lean times, so therein lies the first problem. Second, and despite the great venue I always thought that Fort William was just that bit too far up the beaten track to attract big numbers in terms of spectators.

However, you have to give 10 out of 10 to L&M for taking on the challenge....that's business!

Just a few years ago there were huge numbers at Hawkstone........one wonders if we'll ever see the like again, even there!

Who do I blame?..............the bloomin' politicians that's who, it all comes back to them and how they are knackering Britain & the rest of Europe.

Ian.

Edited by IanJ

Politicians don't make rules about hard standing, electric supply, water supply, internet connections etc etc etc. All that combined with the rest of the "requirements" limits venues and cost a bomb to provide. However, if (and it's a big if as it's totally unconfirmed at this time) these rumours about Laia and Bou are true then that would clearly indicate Honda/Montesa pulling out of Trials at a world level and if they do then it's the beginning of the end for the WTC.

Quote - However, if (and it's a big if as it's totally unconfirmed at this time) these rumours about Laia and Bou are true then that would clearly indicate Honda/Montesa pulling out of Trials at a world level and if they do then it's the beginning of the end for the WTC.

If this is the case it could just be a blessing in disguise - as it will force a return to reality 'world trials' from a cost perspective. The world championship will continue but at the much needed realistic level it needs to get back to.

Cheers

GAW.

Quote - However, if (and it's a big if as it's totally unconfirmed at this time) these rumours about Laia and Bou are true then that would clearly indicate Honda/Montesa pulling out of Trials at a world level and if they do then it's the beginning of the end for the WTC.

If this is the case it could just be a blessing in disguise - as it will force a return to reality 'world trials' from a cost perspective. The world championship will continue but at the much needed realistic level it needs to get back to.

Cheers

GAW.

What do you mean realistic? What would you change and how would you get more riders involved?

What do you mean realistic? What would you change and how would you get more riders involved?

Bring the sections more into line with what the average punter rides every weekend. Open the entries up so that anybody can ride a w/c event. Just like they used to able to.

Trials (and enduros) is fortunate to have avoided the 4T rule which has made MX a very expensive sport indeed. This has been aggravated by only teams entered officially in the w/c being allowed to enter a rider in a world MX round. No more Joel Smets'.

Bring the sections more into line with what the average punter rides every weekend. Open the entries up so that anybody can ride a w/c event. Just like they used to able to.

Trials (and enduros) is fortunate to have avoided the 4T rule which has made MX a very expensive sport indeed. This has been aggravated by only teams entered officially in the w/c being allowed to enter a rider in a world MX round. No more Joel Smets'.

Easing the sections would make it possible for more to genuinly participate, but who are the riders that will take up the challenge?

Also if the top four go clean what happens then?

Easing the sections would make it possible for more to genuinly participate, but who are the riders that will take up the challenge?

The ambitious? ;)

Also if the top four go clean what happens then?

Yes that's most likely the biggest problem. I suppose it might be the lesser evil though (as opposed to the WTC imploding).

I was watching one of the lesser lights at Fort Bill on t'tube and this fellow was clueless on Fort bills soccer ball sized rocks. He was all over the place. But he went up the 8' step like a pro. I suspect returning to the more taditional format might have some surprises in store.