Fantic 200 forks.

andy m

Put some new fork seals in the Fantic 200 t/s. Have they got as std some tube/ spacer above the spring?? I have some 4" pieces in mine, fitted the seals, 2 in ea leg ??(this may not help??) and 200cc of 10 grade oil. They seem a little stiff now, may be okay after a trial but may have had spacers due to springs being worn ?? What have others found in their forks when stripped ?? Thanks.. :thumbup:

Think they are the same Marzocchi forks as the SWM, if so :-

2 seals per leg

approx 50mm spacer above springs.

I use 220ml tqf per leg. (But Woody recommends 200 & he's usually right)

If when putting the fork caps on you dont have to compress the spring by approx 30mm the springs may be past their best, I got a pair of 35mm springs from Bultaco for approx £27 delivered.

Edited by B40RT

• 2 weeks later...

As before

I did have to compress them by over 30mm but with the bigger spacers they must be shot. Is there a free length measurement for them ?? or best to get some anyway. Checked the Bultaco site they don't list them .

I did have to compress them by over 30mm but with the bigger spacers they must be shot. Is there a free length measurement for them ?? or best to get some anyway. Checked the Bultaco site they don't list them .

30mm sounds ok if standard spacers, 220ml should stop them topping out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fork-Springs-Trials-Motocross-Bultaco-Montesa-Pre-65-/220870238985?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item336ce46309#ht_500wt_969

Edited by B40RT