Has anyone seen a new Greeves?

monty_jon

This guy could have been at the fore front of supplying classic two stroke stuff as demand has increased if he put his mind to it.

Instead,while he was trying to sell Greeves Anglians,which nobody wanted,a cottage industry of suppliers has evolved around him-lost business that he will not regain.

Should he resurrect the latest project,i hope he gets someone else to face the public on his behalf,because at the Telford show a couple of years ago,i found him rude,and i know others did too.

• 3 months later...

I spoke with Mr Greeves today at Telford. He's still heavily involved in the modern trials bike that was unveiled a couple of years back.

He mentioned to me that they will shortly have produced 40 bikes and that the aim was to reach 400. Production has been moved to Holland. I got the impression that bike sales were being concentrated on abroad.

One bike has just returned from Spain where it was undergoing exhaust development work which has released another 3 bhp.

S3 have developed 3 different cylinder heads to adjust compression.

Another air box and filter is being developed giving significantly more flow and intake.

He mentioned that they are in the stages of signing up a previous Ssdt winner to ride the new Greeves.

I wish the project all the best. It takes massive courage to do what this guy has and is doing.I hope it starts to pay off for him as he must be in , for a few quid by now

Edited by gasgas249uk

It's courage I think. Im one of others I know who would love to build my own bike but having the courage to remortgage and financing it would be the problem . This guy will be remembered for producing this bike which is more than many will. It looks good in my eyes. Ok its not the best and it won't sell in huge numbers , but hats off to the guy , all credit to him. He's spent the money and produced a good bike.Weren't we all told its all about trying , not necessarily the succeeding.

Edited by gasgas249uk

I inquired about purchasing a bike (telford 2010) when I decided to have a go at trials, (I had the money burning a hole in my pocket at the time) the response was not what I expected!?!?!?!

In fact it put me off trials for a quite a while

If I ran my business the same way I wouldn