Steve Saunders Jtr

chewy

Speaking as a clumsy clubman I've spotted a few more potential drop test failure points, namely, the lower frame in front of the peg hangers ( stress raiser/shear line?) and the gear lever looks like it's designed to snap if it's taken a whack...Ahhhh, sacrifices in the search for lightness..that Graham Chapman has a lot to answer for.

If JTG wish to donate a test bike to me for thorough evaluation, I will forgo my usual clumsy clubman consultancy design fees :)

Edited by HAM2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see those points being any more vunerable than on any other makes.

Having looked at the pics and spec I'm really loving this bike though. The shock offset is unconventional to look at but makes great sense when you consider the benefits - bigger air box, easier silencer routing? Easy adjustment and maintainance. I'm sure it is tucked in enough to not bother you whilst riding although I see an opportunity for a trick little sxs carbon shock protector (i'll let you have that idea Mr Saunders, just remember me when I'm a customer!).

I'm really looking forward to riding one to see if it goes as good as it looks. I think they have presented a very well finished and innovative bike. For me the Ossa was perhaps a little too radical for us trials riders tradional tastes, a little bit too different maybe.

Jotagas is more conventional looking with some very neat well thought out features. Having Jordi Tarres input has obviously been hugely important and he is a fine abassador in the sport, as is Steve Saunders, another shrewd move from Jotagas I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Click here

This bike looks like a beta crossed with a gas gas so if it has beta quality and gas gas rideability this is a winner in my eyes the search for lightness will never end so lets go with it !! cost ? lets see get it right and watch them sell. will they ride no stop ? as i see this as the way forward as i see it time will tell !!! two top men on the job steve and jordi sure they will sort it lets hope they sort it for the masses not just world champions!! :thumbup: