Watching SSDT

dazzagreener

Hello

im new on here and a few of us would like you go and watch the SSDT next year. whats the best way to get around to see the sections. i dont have a bike licence and my bike isnt road reg. i was still wondering if i went up in a van with the trials bikes could i ride my bike to a couple of sections or will im have to walk.

cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

im new on here and a few of us would like you go and watch the SSDT next year. whats the best way to get around to see the sections. i dont have a bike licence and my bike isnt road reg. i was still wondering if i went up in a van with the trials bikes could i ride my bike to a couple of sections or will im have to walk.

cheers

Hi Dazza - please ignore the idiot above who knows all too well that riding a bike at the SSDT is a complete no-no, but possibly doesn't realise the potential implications of trying to be funny...

You're more than welcome to come along and watch the SSDT - it's a great trial, a great week, and the more the merrier, but please leave your bike behind. There is absolutely no off-road riding permitted by anyone other than riders and officials at the SSDT.

It probably sounds harsh, but by way of explanation the trial is run over private ground. As you can imagine, the amount of ground we cover involves the goodwill of a huge number of landowners who permit us to run 300-ish motorbikes over their ground for the week. We have ten month

Hello

cheers

Go on...................make the Highland Police's day :chairfall::chairfall:

Edited by Johnnyboxer

Hi Dazza - please ignore the idiot above who knows all too well that riding a bike at the SSDT is a complete no-no, but possibly doesn't realise the potential implications of trying to be funny...

You're more than welcome to come along and watch the SSDT - it's a great trial, a great week, and the more the merrier, but please leave your bike behind. There is absolutely no off-road riding permitted by anyone other than riders and officials at the SSDT.

It probably sounds harsh, but by way of explanation the trial is run over private ground. As you can imagine, the amount of ground we cover involves the goodwill of a huge number of landowners who permit us to run 300-ish motorbikes over their ground for the week. We have ten month

you also get to getup at 5am, 2hr drive, 1/2 mile RIDE up a track , wait 2 hrs ,observe for 5 1/2 hrs, wait an hour for the backmarkers, then a 2hr drive back to the hotel. all in the pi$$ing rain and sleet :thumbup:

Edited by munch

• 3 months later...

I ride these hill every day and as far as i am concerned the land is for everyone....remember people got thrown of land and out of their houses, lost their living, and everything burnt to the ground to give it to "landowners"...think on!!!!

I had a official from the ssdt a couple of years ago telling me to get of the hill as i was not allowed to be on the ground???

I dont think so!!!! What a cheek...not local by the way, and i dont know who gave him the stripes.

The world is for everyone, not just a few very selfish bullys.

Make your own mind up....Doormat or equal member of the human race.

I have made my mind up and will enjoy my week.

Stand up for yourself or you will be trodden into the ground.

Who is it that said "landownership is theft"????