dazzagreener

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then be a man and add your real name

Are you really called ishy??? then

names have got nowt to do with it as you seem to call me fudplucker,

which is funny but i think maybe you meant it to be offensive ??

whats your point?? you disagree??? thats ok, but i am putting my point over. If you dont like it,explain yourself,,,,i might be bigger than you.

If you are at them 2012 ,will meet you at the bar. You will know where that is as you know so much about things here.

PS...no guns here..all else ok!!

dave

I think the guy is absolutely spot on about the land and ownership, but from the running of the ssdt I can fully understand why they don't want unofficial riders there, but it is common knowledge that riders can ride all over the place on their trials bikes in that area and there be no issue outside six days in May.

I have been round the SSDT it was cold, wet and you had to ride through a lot of mud, so I don't want to ride again, if you want to ride the course, stand by the sign on table Sunday morning there is always a competitor or two doesn't show up for one reason or another, then give the nice lady your money and do it the right way.

Call me an optimist, but I'd like to think that whatever people's personal opinion on land access rights might be, trials riders have enough respect for their sport and for the Scottish to do as the organisers ask for this one week of the year.

If you want to voice your rights to traipse across other people's ground, then we can't stop you. However, I'd be sorely disappointed if the week of the SSDT was used to make a political point - the trial has survived a hundred years and is an iconic event in our sport. It has survived a century of land reform and changing legislation, and it would be absolutely tragic if the politically motivated actions of one or two ruined the future of an event like this (and others) going forward.

I know I speak for the rest of the committee when I say that we have a hell of a lot of work to do during the week of the trial, and we simply can't police every inch of the ground we cover. We have to rely on supporters of the sport and the event having enough sense to understand that guidelines are there for a reason, so please please please give us a fighting chance of keeping the trial alive.

Something that you may not be aware of is that a few patches of ground that we use are designated sites of specific scientific interest. Whether you're interested in science or give a toss about such things is irrelevant - we have to jump through hoops to get these crucial pieces of land. They're pieces of the jigsaw that hold the route together and losing that access could mean that we lose whole chunks of the trial. What you may think is just a piece of moor or a farmer's field is actually something quite different. Agree or disagree with such things as you will, but please just think before you act.

I'd also like to say that without exception every landowner that we deal with is extremely generous in their support of the trial. Most of them love the event and thoroughly enjoy being part of the atmosphere - they're normal people like you and me, not some ogre in a castle peering through a monocle and demanding that intruders be shot. The reason they let us back year after year is because of the respect that our riders and followers show for their ground - we've spent decades building up relationships with many of them, but whilst that takes a long time to establish, it takes just a moment of madness to shatter.

As I say, we can't force you to do anything, but we'd be extremely grateful if you'd show a little respect for the eleven months of (voluntary, non-capitalist, unpaid) hard graft that goes into pulling the week together by choosing to help us out.

Thanks, Mairi. (SSDT Secretary)

Call me an optimist, but I'd like to think that whatever people's personal opinion on land access rights might be, trials riders have enough respect for their sport and for the Scottish to do as the organisers ask for this one week of the year.

If you want to voice your rights to traipse across other people's ground, then we can't stop you. However, I'd be sorely disappointed if the week of the SSDT was used to make a political point - the trial has survived a hundred years and is an iconic event in our sport. It has survived a century of land reform and changing legislation, and it would be absolutely tragic if the politically motivated actions of one or two ruined the future of an event like this (and others) going forward.

I know I speak for the rest of the committee when I say that we have a hell of a lot of work to do during the week of the trial, and we simply can't police every inch of the ground we cover. We have to rely on supporters of the sport and the event having enough sense to understand that guidelines are there for a reason, so please please please give us a fighting chance of keeping the trial alive.

Something that you may not be aware of is that a few patches of ground that we use are designated sites of specific scientific interest. Whether you're interested in science or give a toss about such things is irrelevant - we have to jump through hoops to get these crucial pieces of land. They're pieces of the jigsaw that hold the route together and losing that access could mean that we lose whole chunks of the trial. What you may think is just a piece of moor or a farmer's field is actually something quite different. Agree or disagree with such things as you will, but please just think before you act.

I'd also like to say that without exception every landowner that we deal with is extremely generous in their support of the trial. Most of them love the event and thoroughly enjoy being part of the atmosphere - they're normal people like you and me, not some ogre in a castle peering through a monocle and demanding that intruders be shot. The reason they let us back year after year is because of the respect that our riders and followers show for their ground - we've spent decades building up relationships with many of them, but whilst that takes a long time to establish, it takes just a moment of madness to shatter.

As I say, we can't force you to do anything, but we'd be extremely grateful if you'd show a little respect for the eleven months of (voluntary, non-capitalist, unpaid) hard graft that goes into pulling the week together by choosing to help us out.

Thanks, Mairi. (SSDT Secretary)

Nice one, very well put. :agreed:

fhtrucker - You have to be in you early teens because I know someone that was just like you... Me ...

You also don't relies that your posts make you sound more and more like a tit. The SSDT runs on the support of everyone involved be that the committee or spectator and if they ask people not to take their bike round during the event....well just do what they're asking, it is for a reason!