tyz stand pic

scottty

ive seen a side stand in the yamaha tyz manual but the pic isnt very good,has anybody got (or could take :thumbup: )a good deailed pic i can use so i can fabricate one for my bike,thanks

what type of side stand? Do you mean one thats fitted to the bike or one that fits into the front sprocket that used to come with the TY Monos?

No its different to the air cooled mono stand. It is all aluminium and made from two sections of tubing of different diameter and a pivot end piece machined from solid aluminium. There is an inverted aluminium cup on the bottom end. They are extremely flimsy. I remember having to straighten mine after every trial, and having to have cracks welded many times. Pretty sure I will have a decent photo at home but have not had a chance to look yet.

No its different to the air cooled mono stand. It is all aluminium and made from two sections of tubing of different diameter and a pivot end piece machined from solid aluminium. There is an inverted aluminium cup on the bottom end. They are extremely flimsy. I remember having to straighten mine after every trial, and having to have cracks welded many times. Pretty sure I will have a decent photo at home but have not had a chance to look yet.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here, I have had many monos and currently have a Pinky and a TYZ and they both have the same side stand, (not that I leave them on as all trials bike stands aren't up to much in my view) See here

http://www.classicrider444.com/2011/10/03/yamaha-tyz-250-sale/

Edited by Hughesy