#1 tony_dt

tony_dt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike:Sherco 290

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hi,

My first time posting so excuse me if I post incorrectly.

I have an 2004 Sherco that I purchased used with an Rear rim that has damage to the inner lip that holds the rim strip. I am getting some leakage through the spoke holes. I have sealed the spokes with silicone but it does seem from time to time the spokes will leak. The best answer would be a new rim, but I have an extra 18" tubeliss tube.

Do you think that this would help with my issue or don't bother? I am not concerned about the weight but I would like to run the tire low pressure and not have it slip.

Thanks!
Tony

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 nelly1

nelly1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Bike:yes
  • Club:frodsham mcc frodsham wild hogs

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

i would mate makes sense and costs nothing
i got 5 on it

#3 johnson

johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Bike:09 cab replica 290
  • Club:pathfinders WA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

mate your rim is fine i think...they all leak a bit of air through spokes and stay up for a week if your lucky!!!

#4 tony_dt

tony_dt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike:Sherco 290

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

mate your rim is fine i think...they all leak a bit of air through spokes and stay up for a week if your lucky!!!

Well, yes and no. The grooves that hold the rim strip were heavily damaged in areas. I did try the tubliss kit, but the issue is the rim lock that comes with the kit is not designed for a trials type rim and did not allow proper seal. It is designed to fit in the spoke area of a regular sized 18inch wheel. The tubliss kits are pretty neat though, I am putting it on my old Enduro bike with an dunlop Trials tire.

I ended up using a heavy duty tube and it worked ok, no leaks. Since, I have installed a new wheel and a new dunlop tire and all is good now. No leaks at all with it either. In any case I am a lot better installing the tire now:) I used to change tires at a shop for 10bucks a wheel. LOL, I think I would gladly pay someone 10 bucks to change a tubless trials tire for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users