Column 210 - Winter Has Arrived

Andy

Hi

Only a few world rounds, but we are hopefully haveing 2 rounds in Australia. The europeans will hate that, but great for New Zealand as my son is real keen and we will ride the youth grade. I just hope its a good entry as I have heard that no Aussie youth are riding most being on larger bikes than 125s. So when you hear people say its to far and expensive, just remember that some riders never get a chance of seeing let alone rideing a world round. see you there, this side of the world is great for road bikes.

Pete Haynes ex Mansfield Maun 1985ish.

Hi

Only a few world rounds, but we are hopefully haveing 2 rounds in Australia. The europeans will hate that, but great for New Zealand as my son is real keen and we will ride the youth grade. I just hope its a good entry as I have heard that no Aussie youth are riding most being on larger bikes than 125s. So when you hear people say its to far and expensive, just remember that some riders never get a chance of seeing let alone rideing a world round. see you there, this side of the world is great for road bikes.

Pete Haynes ex Mansfield Maun 1985ish.

Europeans DO NOT hate it I'm sure, I myself was looking at flights last weekend to melbourne/tokyo and thought a Qantas round flight of

I think this particular "cow" has been milked finacially for too long. If I want to buy a new bike (the justification for manufacturers for these trials is sales promotion).

It would be far less expensive and far more informative for me to have relevant competitive sales information readily to hand and a few more test days/areas where I can try for what suits me.

Then you have the whole debate regarding WTC being only for those who can;

A) physically do it

B)Aford the money & time to do it

These factors render the WTC for most of us as entertainment .Being me when I see the big trucks, the facilities required, the salaries of the riders ans crew I get a vision of the pound notes fluttering out of my wallet every time I think about buying a new bike......... It actually puts me off buying.

I mentioned this a while back

sherco sales this year must have exceeded the previous year

but if you compare sales to wtc results the two are not related, neiter Brown or Cabestany seemed to do any better during 2010 than on the old model during 2009 so how did WTC peformance relate to sales ?

from a sales point of view local riders winning local trials is probably much more relevant.