Giles avec Bernie et Yrjo et Charles

toofasttim

excellent it was my "time" rode a few classic trials on modern bikes this summer with Charles similar ambiance thanks TFT for putting this one up. Mt. Ventoux is only about 20 miles from one of our summer practice grounds. Excellent thanks again.

Too cool Tim ! Thanks for posting. Total respect for those guys...best video I've seen in a while and didn't understand a word !!! Awesome !!!

Its funny watching and listening to Bernie speaking fluent French but you have to keep reminding yourself that Bernies has, now, lived most of his life in Europe and is more European than American.

Tim:

Back, back in the day, Bernie and I both rode on the same team for Fantic when he made his first homecoming back to the states to do his trial schools and ride the US Nationals again. We spent a fair bit of time together. It always took him sometime to lose the accent, even when speaking english. I guess is shows how much you pick up over that length of time! Good to see him riding again after so many years. I believe he did the same thing at Robregordo last year as well riding with Manual Soler.

Indeed Steve. That Bernie is now probably more European than American is a source of wonder to me. But we mustn't forget that the US is a melting pot of mostly European cultures and that it isn't that big a step for Bernie to have adapted to European culture.

But Fujigas! This is a Japanese man. A man form a country whose culture and language is vastly different from European culture and language who can speak three languages fluently (and they're not all germanic or latin languages) as well as adapt to the food and other things. I have a huge amount of respect for Fuji, for his riding, for his cheerful and approachable attitude and for his adaptability.