pulling a ty350flywheel (plan b)

searay175

In trying to remove the flywheel on my 85 ty350 I could not get the flywheel puller to thread in and I know it's a left hand thread. So I bought a new puller just in case I had a bad spot on the old one. same results. Does anyone have a alternate method for these?

Same happened with my ty175, couldnt get the puller to thread in! Took a couple of hours with the puller but managed to hold the flywheel and forced the puller to thread! Didn't wanna force it but it did rethread it's self eventually! Wd40 an get a friend to hold the flywheel with an on oil filter thingy!

In trying to remove the flywheel on my 85 ty350 I could not get the flywheel puller to thread in and I know it's a left hand thread. So I bought a new puller just in case I had a bad spot on the old one. same results. Does anyone have a alternate method for these?

Use a small wire brush to clean out the internal threads of the flywheel hub, blow out with compressed air and grease the threads on the puller.

Jon

Use a small wire brush to clean out the internal threads of the flywheel hub, blow out with compressed air and grease the threads on the puller.

Jon

There seem to be some duff pullers around just now. I bought one that would not go in more than half a thread. The old one (lost) and another borrowed one fit perfectly.