What class to enter?

jamessut

I would say get there early , look at the sections for different classes , to see which are closer to what you ride otherwise , but DON"T over estimate your abilities.

It's harder in comp. than it looks when waking through

If possible ride an area near a section and have an experienced rider watch and give their input on class.

My first match I did the "enter the easiest" , while fun, I got first , second had about 3x my points , I felt like a sandbagger :shutup:

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I hope it's keeping on topic and saves starting a new thread.

After racing MX for 25 years with the AMCA I'm used to the simple process of going to the club on a weekday night, booking in for a meeting 2 weeks in advance, turning up at said meeting, signing in, walking the track, gearing up , practice and then racing each of my three 15 minute races during the day, packing up and going home.

As someone who has not yet even attended an amateur trial, let alone competed in one, what is the normal process for a race day? What can I expect? Do most Trials happen through the ACU or another governing body?

Thanks and sorry to original poster.

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I hope it's keeping on topic and saves starting a new thread.

After racing MX for 25 years with the AMCA I'm used to the simple process of going to the club on a weekday night, booking in for a meeting 2 weeks in advance, turning up at said meeting, signing in, walking the track, gearing up , practice and then racing each of my three 15 minute races during the day, packing up and going home.

As someone who has not yet even attended an amateur trial, let alone competed in one, what is the normal process for a race day? What can I expect? Do most Trials happen through the ACU or another governing body?

Thanks and sorry to original poster.

Two main associations ACU (need a competition licence) or AMCA (dont need a licence but your MX one will cover anyway) There is also YMSA who have adult classes (again will need a licence) Best to decide the area you want to ride, find a trial you want to ride in (T&MX News ) and either ring the number in regs available or just turn up and enter. Alternatively, hang on while i climb onto my soapbox, you could turn up and offer to observe before you have your first ride as that will give you a good insight into how it's done plus how to enter along with the satisfaction of being involved. All clubs are desperate for observers and i can think of no better way to introduce yourself to the wonderful world of trials. :thumbup: Hope that helps ?

Two main associations ACU (need a competition licence) or AMCA (dont need a licence but your MX one will cover anyway) There is also YMSA who have adult classes (again will need a licence) Best to decide the area you want to ride, find a trial you want to ride in (T&MX News ) and either ring the number in regs available or just turn up and enter. Alternatively, hang on while i climb onto my soapbox, you could turn up and offer to observe before you have your first ride as that will give you a good insight into how it's done plus how to enter along with the satisfaction of being involved. All clubs are desperate for observers and i can think of no better way to introduce yourself to the wonderful world of trials. :thumbup: Hope that helps ?

I think that's a bloody good idea. being an observer means I can get a full picture of how a Trial runs without the nerve racking prospect of competing myself.

Great idea. Thanks.