Fork Protectors

scorpion

Hi guys, the missus is gonna treat me to some fork protectors,for being a good boy lately, has anyone had either the kevlar or carbon ones from BVM Moto, and what did they think? I think there's only a fiver difference in price, ta boys.

Call me a skinflint, but.............

Two pieces of grey drainpipe from B&Q,

Cut to size.

Cut down the length, snap them on the forks, they never move.

Used them for years on MX bikes, and they work even better on trials bikes.

Total cost - about

Before I call you a skin flint, do you have any photos of the finished job? I'd like to see just how bad it looks before going to all the bother. I've been thinking of putting of protectors for a while.

We use Netlon, its available from Engineering suppliers (Cromwell Tools, Monks and Crane etc) and used for protecting machined components. Just cut a length off an pull it up the fork leg - obviously only protects the lower leg and not 100% effective against a real serious scrape. You want the White (50-65mm) and at

Before I call you a skin flint, do you have any photos of the finished job? I'd like to see just how bad it looks before going to all the bother. I've been thinking of putting of protectors for a while.

I had a set on my TLR on Sunday John - must have looked good if you did not notice- glad I did after all those falls.

40mm waste pipe (white colour) does the trick - about

Edited by g4321

Hi guys, the missus is gonna treat me to some fork protectors,for being a good boy lately, has anyone had either the kevlar or carbon ones from BVM Moto, and what did they think? I think there's only a fiver difference in price, ta boys.

I had the Jitsie Kevlars on my Mont, they looked the dogs, and were a perfect fit. They snap on as R2 says and that's it leave them to it.

If they move then they knacker the fork leg anyway. I threw them at quite a few rocks and trees and they still looked tidy.

They don't protect the leading axle, I think only the Skinz protectors do this.

Ta for the input boys, :ph34r: I rang BVM today and apparently there's no difference between the carbon or the kevlar ,just the colour scheme, and that they're on back order,it's going to be a week or two before they come in. go easy at the weekend boyz.

'Ello......

Ive got jitsie carbon fork protectors on my gasser and they look really trick on it!

One tip though spray some oil on the fork leg before cliping them on, as alot of wet mud can get under them and will corrode the forks legs on some bikes.

Or you could try these Even tricker looking protectors!

Edited by Trials Lad