Survey

scottrial

If you could spare 2 min to fill in this short survey (10 quick questions) it would really help me with my uni project!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how much response you have had but suspect that many, like me, would be more prepared to respond if we were afforded the basic courtesy of knowing some of the background to this eg what the project is, what the objectives are etc, perhaps even which Uni is involved and a bit more about you yourself as a student. Particularly given that you have obviously joined TC purely for the purpose of this survey.

Edited by Andy

I don't know how much response you have had but suspect that many, like me, would be more prepared to respond if we were afforded the basic courtesy of knowing some of the background to this eg what the project is, what the objectives are etc, perhaps even which Uni is involved and a bit more about you yourself as a student. Particularly given that you have obviously joined TC purely for the purpose of this survey.

Agreed. Link to survey removed until we have some more info about this.

Hey, really sorry for not giving some background on this! I was in a wee bit of a hurry.

Here goes...

We are 2 students (Becki and Clemence) at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh. As part of our New Enterprise Creation module we are required to 'start up' a new business. Our idea is to open a managed trials site in central Scotland (as this is where our uni is located). We are really just looking for some feedback on whether this is something riders would be interested in using if such a site existed.

Any questions/suggestions, feel free to ask!

Sorry for not being clear to begin with!

Please let me know if its ok to add the link to the survey again

Edited by ScotTrial

Hey, really sorry for not giving some background on this! I was in a wee bit of a hurry.

Here goes...

We are 2 students (Becki and Clemence) at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh. As part of our New Enterprise Creation module we are required to 'start up' a new business. Our idea is to open a managed trials site in central Scotland (as this is where our uni is located). We are really just looking for some feedback on whether this is something riders would be interested in using if such a site existed.

Any questions/suggestions, feel free to ask!

Sorry for not being clear to begin with!

Please let me know if its ok to add the link to the survey again

For my money I'd say definitely (although I'm nowhere near Scotland :)) as places to practice legally are always hard to find.

As far as suggestions go, you'd maybe need to look at the financial in terms of fees you could charge and how many people theoretically you would get there, especially during the week when I expect such a 'venue' would be mainly empty.

Trials riders will always want to ride somewhere, especially somewhere designated and legal.

PM me if you want.

We have recently opened up a trials practice site in milton keynes and know a little about planning permission etc.

Use a brownfield site if you want an easier path to success imho.

is it a viability study or something you would attemt.

NB trials riders are tight, and certain areas of the uk may be more "careful" with expenditure.

Done the survey but I 'm not willing to disclose whwer I practice as its illegal (it being the only suitable unused, probably toxic bit of land "available"... I dont like doing it but if I didn't I would only ever be able to ride in competitions)