TY250 mono timing marks

handsome_al

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to locate the timing marks on my '85 TY250 mono but my manual has been 'thumbed' so much by the previous owner that I can't make out from the photos where/what the marks are!

The flywheel has a sort of long scratch mark running across the flywheel weight-band towards the crankcase; and the crankcase itself has what looks to be a [chiseled] 'vertical mark' on the mating face that the ignition cover bolts onto. Are these what the manual is refering to as I can't find much else? I'd post a photo but I'm not that clever!

Even if I do it static via the 2.8mm BTDC with a depth gauge down the barrel, I still don't know where, and with what, to line the back-plate up with.

The bike starts and runs quite well but I'd still like to check it for peace-of-mind.

Truly hope someone can help with this: thank you in anticipation ....

Alan

I can't remember what mine was like for marks but it would be well worth either checking the marks with your gauge or making some the same way. You then know that they arpe right and, if made properly, you can check with a strobe to save messing about another time.

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply....and Jon for scanning the pages.

The mark on the crankcase is the same as on mine, so at least I now know that's correct.

Flywheel mark? Well if the 'line' that I think is the timing mark is somewhere near when I strobe it, then that's the mark I'll go off.

Thanks once again.

Alan