Twinshock frame mods

neil0965

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo showing new mount for exhaust chamber, new lower mount for inner rear guard, new shockie mount and new frame gusset above shockie mount. Inner guard shown is fibreglass Majesty item made in early 1980s. Shockie mount pin goes right through downtube and is welded both ends. It is tapered from standard pin size on outer end to 4mm diameter on inner end.

post-325-0-94277200-1356996169_thumb.jpg

Man,there's nothing better than building yer own ****!!! Your Majesty build shames my little head angle mod on my Fantic :thumbup:

All the fitting and refitting to check clearances pays off in the end,I started to do my garage projects like I was being paid by the hour rather than paying,Quality of my hacks improved immediately.

Once Fantic is done I wanna look for something stupid to make into a trials bike,haven't decide what yet,depends on what I come across when I'm ready :beer:

Showing the making of the exhaust. Main chamber reshaped at front end to miss cylinder head, dent on inner side reshaped to clear the middle downtube. Rear end of chamber shortened to clear the gusset avove the shock mount. The routing of the section of tube above the head is critical. This one ended up with 3mm clearance to the head fins and 3mm clearance to the fuel tank. It would have been easier if I had used smaller diameter exhaust tubing.

post-325-0-77474800-1356996820_thumb.jpg

post-325-0-69700000-1356996852_thumb.jpg

post-325-0-04731800-1356996890_thumb.jpg

Will do. Had forgotten this promise. Did anyone see the article in VMX Magazine?

Sure did, you write very well David

Is the toolbox mount completely gone now like it appears in the later photos, how did the standard airbox fit up with the shortening of the rear subframe?

You've managed to show that there is a lot more that has to happen when modifying the frame than just the work on the frame, would not have thought about all the work needed on the main part of the exhaust to make it fit

Edited by tony27