Ordered a new Ossa TR280i

toothandnail

• 1 month later...

Hello. Just wondering how you like your new Ossa? I recently bought a 2012 myself. Sorry to report that I hated it.Not only did it run blubbery rich it also felt like there was a restrictor in the pipe. Very sluggish. It also stalled very easily. I also got zero help from Ossa USA. They would not respond to my emails or postal mail. I know that if you are dealing with The Tryals Shop you will be in good hands though...they are good people.

Please let me know what you think.

Maicored

Hello. Just wondering how you like your new Ossa? I recently bought a 2012 myself. Sorry to report that I hated it.Not only did it run blubbery rich it also felt like there was a restrictor in the pipe. Very sluggish. It also stalled very easily. I also got zero help from Ossa USA. They would not respond to my emails or postal mail. I know that if you are dealing with The Tryals Shop you will be in good hands though...they are good people.

Please let me know what you think.

Maicored

I REALLY like it :thumbup: , on 4th tank of gas so far . Throttle response is very good/quick , idle was very slow at first , it has come up quite a bit , still sounds a little slow for my taste , but no problems stalling . Kick starter didn't spring back up when new , does now, except when cold engine and about 35 degrees and colder , once warm it's fine. Both LED lights have stopped working , head light lasted about 30 min, tail about 3-4 hours , both have power to the plugs, it's in the LED it's self.

The balance is what I like most , example ; I have been practicing the , wheelie up to an object ,bump front tire , turn 180 , wheelie back . I always dab once on my 300 pro , 2nd try on Ossa worked , I can do it probably 80%+ now with no dab.

ETA , Throttle response is a little quicker than my 300 , practicing some 3' splatters/ledges , couple times almost had a yard sale :o because of the throttle response.

Edited by toothandnail

Good news. Glad you like yor Ossa. I wish mine ran like your does. You never knew what you were going to get when you opened the throttle.Puke or power. Ossa should have helped me out but chose not to.Oh well.

Keep me informed and keep your feet up. Red

Maicored -

I see you are in Bishop CA. Did you buy your Ossa from Lewisport in California? Regardless, you should contact Bill Merritt, So Cal Lewisport rep. He rides a 2011 Ossa himself and delivered a 2012 to a local rider recently. Both bikes are out at our local practice sessions and are running fine. I think the 2011 took a bit of tweaking.

If you can make it down to a So. Cal event or to a Sunday practice session all the better. Bill has the Ossa FI programming tool and experience now with both the 2011 and 2012 with another 2012 on order for another local rider. We may have 3 Ossas at our practice sessions soon.

Bill can be reached at (805) 368-0996 which is the number listed for him on the Lewisport website.

So Cal events calendar is at: http://www.socaltrials.com/events-calendar/

The Trial de Espana has in the past been held up at Keyesville, not sure this year, so there may be another event half way between Bishop and LA in March.

I am spoiled, getting to ride with my local dealer. I purchased a Raga this year and the AJP clutch master cylinder was having some problems. I got it replaced free of charge and Bill came back later and said he had put the bore under a microscope to look at it. AJP had been having issues with machining swarf left in the cylinder bore, scratching them. Bill comes from a machinist background and runs an engineering company that designs automated machinery. I appreciate his attention to detail.

Hope you get your Ossa sorted out soon.

- Dave

Good news. Glad you like yor Ossa. I wish mine ran like your does. You never knew what you were going to get when you opened the throttle.Puke or power. Ossa should have helped me out but chose not to.Oh well.

Keep me informed and keep your feet up. Red

Hey Dave. Thanks for the info. I solved my Ossa problems. I got a Beta EVO. Fantastic bike. Runs perfectly right out of the box. Red

It is really best to try all bikes to be sure they suit you and what is comfortable for your riding style.

Good to see your happy with your newy.

What did you do with the Ossa.