No Stop : not working

beatabeta

So rather than pick on the rule change pick on the observer?

This is the person that has given up his or her Sunday to grab a board so the majority can enjoy? then get people like you say they are doing the job wrong when indeed we should be encouraging and thanking them?

This is the same observer that has probably observed under the stop rules! the stop for 1 rule etc.etc. and has made errors with all the rules that they don't understand and don't know, they may let guys roll back (oh Yes this happens) and get away with it, had arguements with parents and given a clean because they feel intimidated, but they still pick up a board and mark what they see?

If you want to talk about observers then I feel No stop is the easiest to explain when your scratching around at 10:28am still looking for 3 observers, correct me if I am wrong?

We are still only a few weeks in give it time for the organisers, observers and riders, we did for all the other rule changes! As for the riders some will moan whatever trial is put on, these are the people that know everything, yet help out with nothing!!!

Well said that man; I have ridden in a trial today under stop permitted rules and frankly its pathetic to watch...stop, balnace, hop, roll back at least a foot (300mm for the stop permitted brigade), hop again, balance, wobble, put a foot down (repeat three times). Whereas my goodself being a pretty poor "O50" clubman rides the same section with a carefully planned dab....

Edited by andat

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said that man; I have ridden in a trial today under stop permitted rules and frankly its pathetic to watch...stop, balnace, hop, roll back at least a foot (300mm for the stop permitted brigade), hop again, balance, wobble, put a foot down (repeat three times). Whereas my goodself being a pretty poor "O50" clubman rides the same section with a carefully planned dab....

:agreed: Exactly :thumbup:

In this case yes I did pick up on this particular observer as one who "prefers" to mark "No-Stop" and has vehemently supported riding and marking in this manner. If they can't do it who can?? And as for riding a Stop and watching one rider who made a mess of ONE section. Let's have a look around and see who scrabbled though sitting on the bike taking ages to paddle round but who gets a three because the bike wheels are moving even if the bike isn't?? Equally fair to pick up, equally boring to watch and equally time wasting. Probably ruins the line the next rider had picked as well.

Watched a No-Stop with a "No-Stop" die hard observing. He did not give 5's were he should have!!!! As for dummies how many No-Stoppers here seem to go 180 over 120 at any criticism of No-Stop. I'll state it again. A Trial can be either when "Properly" set. Too many "No-Stop" are not "Properly set" and too many do not "Properly Mark" them. I'll also state something else controversial. All Trials are Boring to watch. Stick at a section and the best riders all ride it pretty much the same. That's not interesting. But that's not the point. At BTC and World level the interest is watching and FOLLOWING a rider. Same as it is for many Motorsports. I defy you to sit at a corner and be enthralled by every driver in a WTCC or BTCC race. It's a case of economics not enough people have the money to compete even in a "cheap" sport like Trials.

. All Trials are Boring to watch. Stick at a section and the best riders all ride it pretty much the same. That's not interesting. But that's not the point.

Hi Guys.

This is exactly why we ran the Classic Trials Show , to OUR rules to stop a Trial being Borring to the genral public. And I can tell you that all spectators at this event loved what they saw, and asked for more of the same.OK

Regards Charlie.

In this case yes I did pick up on this particular observer as one who "prefers" to mark "No-Stop" and has vehemently supported riding and marking in this manner. If they can't do it who can??

Hey? Whose here to judge any observer, under any rules? Not really sure what chuffing difference it makes in any case unless you want bragging rights come Monday to say I beat you? I am only too glad that someone is stood there

My point is there are plenty of willing helpers to set up a trial(too many sometimes), plenty of riders wanting to ride the trial, but you try and get 10 observers and then critisise what they are doing, sorry but your way off the mark!!!!

The topic is about No stop not about observers, you can harp on all you like about them, but as said whatever the rules you get 10 observers that understand the rules and implement the chosen rule then good luck.

Is No stop easier to explain, in my opinion yes, will the observers make mistakes, bloody right they will they are only Human?

Edited by GIZZA5

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/6401-acu-rule-tsr22a-stop-is-a-1-etc/

All things go in circles as they say.

One of the clubs I ride with are running their summer trials series no stop and will consult with club membership following this.

For the record I prefer no stop because I carnt hope a bike and get cold and bored waiting for a hoppyhoppy to get through a section

A reminder that the ACU forum to discuss the 2012 British Championship will be held on Sat 11th Feb. Details here.

Given the number and volumes of opinions on this highly controversial topic this is certain to be packed out the door! :unsure:

Younger riders should get there early to avoid all the wheel chairs & zimmers, extra room should also be left for the hysterical older riders.

I with you Gizzas ..Amen... just spent all day ( along with 5 others) up at 0700 ..out marking out ..home 1600 setting out our clubs centre champs trial (it's the first of the year under no stop rules) with three routes in every section and tried very hard to make it all possible no stop... have yet to go back and do the route marking and mix and match sections and then turn up early on the day (next week ..we can't get on the land because of a shoot on the Saturday) to see if other land users have left our flags alone or if the weather wrecks it. It;s a lot of work and effort to cater for all abilities whatever the rules... assuming we can find 12 observers willing to stand out on the sections for 4/5 hours I hope they.re not going to get harassed by moaning never satisfied riders who seem to have absolutely no idea of what's involved in putting on a days sport for them.

I will be riding in France on the 11th of Feb so have a good excuse for making space at the meeting to discuss the british championship. In light of todays experiences marking out and what the rest of the world are doing we have to have stop allowed and supporting classes with sections where there is no benifit from stopping and mere quality riders can enjoy, make a showcase for thier talents and be able to go to work the next day. We don't need every section set out to benifit stopping. It's been said before that the cream will always rise to the top but it's just not realistic to have sections that only 3 or 4 guys can master. Its an old saying/pearl of wisdom but easy sections marked hard are better than hard sections marked easy. Hope this keeps the discussion rolling.

Well no other Yorkshire club has moved to "No-Stop". Not enough members want it. However it seems the hysteria continues amongst the "older" set in the Yorkshire centre who now want to force all Centre Trials to "No-Stop"

Hysteria???? look in the mirror!!!!

Edited by andat

Younger riders should get there early to avoid all the wheel chairs & zimmers, extra room should also be left for the hysterical older riders.

Just got back from Rugby after re-sitting my National C of C license. Was up at 5.30am, traveled over 400 miles and got back gone 7pm.

Didn't see any youngsters there so need to worry about getting there early to get past past the zimmer frames -didn't see any smart arses either!!!!.

Did see lots of committed volunteers tho.

Very easy to sit on a computer putting the world to right but a lot more difficult to make the time to get liscensed and commit to putting a BTC on. Will happily retire from BTC C Of C when all the youngsters get off their a*** and tell me to have a rest cos they are going to do it.!!!!

Just got back from Rugby after re-sitting my National C of C license. Was up at 5.30am, traveled over 400 miles and got back gone 7pm.

Didn't see any youngsters there so need to worry about getting there early to get past past the zimmer frames -didn't see any smart arses either!!!!.

Did see lots of committed volunteers tho.

Very easy to sit on a computer putting the world to right but a lot more difficult to make the time to get liscensed and commit to putting a BTC on. Will happily retire from BTC C Of C when all the youngsters get off their a*** and tell me to have a rest cos they are going to do it.!!!!

Andy, we need a new slapped wrists emoticon.