alpinestars no stop trials boots

lee_28

I also wear a knee brace, The Alpinestars are a tad taller than the OLD Gearne's that I had, not by much but the top of the Alpinestars and the bottom of my brace definitely meet. But everything is comfortable and works well, so no biggie.

Last decent pair of Alpine Stars were the original No-stops with stitched on soles 1984-6 ish (Still got a pair!)

Although I think they offer more shin protection than Gaerne and all the Gaerne clones?... maybe the new ones don't though

Edited by Rosey

I also own both Gaerne and Alpinestars. Both have their good points and not so good. The Alpine's are more stiff and seem to offer more protection. They feel heavy compared to the Gaerne's If I'm doing more riding than walking,I wear my Alpines. The Gaerne's are a great boot for walking sections. Better traction in the slick stuff. More comfortable for all day wearing. I find the buckle's easy to work. If I'm making sections or cutting a new trail. I wear my Gaerne's. I like the Idea of the sewn on replacable sole of the Gaerne boot. The Alpinestar's are not. I use Sno seal to keep the leather soft and waterproof. However,both boots will leak if you stand in the creek long enough.

• Like 1