bultaco 350 199.....

pugslee

To retard the ign do i turn the stator plate anti clockwise a slight amount.

All so i have a multi meter with a buzzer on and the top dead centre guage supplied by bultaco uk, how do i rig the multimeter up or a bulb to see when the points are oppening to gauge the amount before top dead. can it be done whitout removing the fly wheel or not.

All so i have a multi meter with a buzzer on and the top dead centre guage supplied by bultaco uk, how do i rig the multimeter up or a bulb to see when the points are oppening to gauge the amount before top dead. can it be done whitout removing the fly wheel or not.

Rotation of the stator plate:

- setting the iginition early you turn anti clockwise,

- setting the ignition late you turn clockwise,

The stator plate can only be adjusted when the rotor is off.

Just turn the stator plate a little bit, then remount the rotor and

check the position of the rotor plate and the distance of the points.

For setting the points / contacts the rotor has to mounted.

This has to be done several times until you will get the right distance

between the points and the right amount of mm befor TDC.

I start with the points as they are mounted to the stator plate,

then check the timiming of the ignition, demount the rotor,

then adjust the stator plate, remount the rotor and check again,

(normally I have to these adjustments two times, (sometimes three :blush:), until I'am pleased).

As already stated by the other members here in another thread you should disconnect the green cable

from the loom. The lamp or buzzer has to be conected to black, (the cable that goes to the ignition

coil) and earth. Here: Ignition - Timing - Bultaco

Rotation of the stator plate:

- setting the iginition early you turn anti clockwise,

- setting the ignition late you turn clockwise,

The stator plate can only be adjusted when the rotor is off.

It's the other way around, if you set the ignition 'early' you are advancing the spark, setting it 'late', you are retarding the spark.

To retard the ignition and make the plug spark later, you turn the stator anti-clockwise

To advance the ignition and make the plug spark earlier, you turn the stator clockwise

It's the other way around, if you set the ignition 'early' you are advancing the spark, setting it 'late', you are retarding the spark.

To retard the ignition and make the plug spark later, you turn the stator anti-clockwise

To advance the ignition and make the plug spark earlier, you turn the stator clockwise

Befor dhorse.gif, this leave some ??? to me, as I did the adjustment only a cuple of month ago, have I recalled wrong, so for record I looked the workshop manual up again:

Z%2525C3%2525BCndung%252520Bultaco.jpg

Im - Uhrzeigersinn = clockwise => spät = late

Gegen - Uhrzeigersinn = anticlockwise => früh = early

:huh:

Anyway you will find out by using the TDC Gauge:

OT%252520Messung%252520genau%25252001.JPG

Edited by PSchrauber

I can't understand German so unfortunately don't understand your last comment. I think maybe something is getting confused in translation.

If you begin with the timing so that the spark is at the top of the stroke. To advance the ignition to spark 1mm before top (early) you turn the stator clockwise. For 2mm, clockwise, for 3mm, clockwise etc.

If the ignition is now set to spark at 3mm before top and you want it to spark at 1mm before top (later) you turn the stator anti-clockwise

I can't understand German so unfortunately don't understand your last comment. I think maybe something is getting confused in translation.

If you begin with the timing so that the spark is at the top of the stroke. To advance the ignition to spark 1mm before top (early) you turn the stator clockwise. For 2mm, clockwise, for 3mm, clockwise etc.

If the ignition is now set to spark at 3mm before top and you want it to spark at 1mm before top (later) you turn the stator anti-clockwise

The sentense in complete translation:

Beim Drehen im Uhrzeigersinn wir der Z

We never took the flywheel off except to change the points, all timing was done at the points adjust these to get your btdc you prefer, what did yoiu want?