4rt flat tank conversion - anybody doing them

jimmyl

I have a spare 4rt tank that I am looking to convert to flat tank design. I have seen step by step photos of a complete flat tank fabrication on a 4rt web site and also the necessary fuel pump bracket mod.

Was wondering if anybody is doing a reasonable priced conversion in the UK.

If not are there any 4rt owners interested in having their tanks converted if I could source a local fabrication shop to carry out a cut and shut job.

I have a spare 4rt tank that I am looking to convert to flat tank design. I have seen step by step photos of a complete flat tank fabrication on a 4rt web site and also the necessary fuel pump bracket mod.

Was wondering if anybody is doing a reasonable priced conversion in the UK.

If not are there any 4rt owners interested in having their tanks converted if I could source a local fabrication shop to carry out a cut and shut job.

Try HD Racing....a site sponsor; they do an exchange service

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I am jusyt doing it - 2/3rds of the way through after a few hours in garage tonight. Just need my friendly fabricator to weld it all back together and then a sand and a paint and on to the bike.

Need to modify fuel pump bracket but that seems straight forward.

If this was a job I was having done for work would expect to pay

• 9 months later...

As jimmy stated, the prices seem a bit expensive. Surely there is someone in the uk that can do this work for under £200??

There isn't anyone interested in doing the work for that price, I know it's pricey and it's not like they scratch build them, just cut the top off and weld a new flat top on, but clearly, it's not worth the aggro for them unless they charge what they do. I've got a mitani one, the bike looks so much better with it, it just depends how much you want one really, or wait for a used one to come up, but they go very quickly.