IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

Cant wait to get it fitted

Picture of my elise parts toe link kit

IMG_1327.jpg

Also got some steering raisers

IMG_1308-1.jpg

I also got my fuel rail powdercoated satin black and it now looks the part.

IMG_1329.jpg

I fitted my toe link on the weekend which was a lot easier then i thought it was. Its all coming along nicely with the orange theme now, just need to get the arb fitted then get the tyres, geo and tracking sorted then its ready for next year

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

New bolts for the front and rear calipers along with some corrosion grease.

IMG_1353.jpg

and thats where im upto now.

No not married but i have a girlfriend thats been at the start of my project and has also bought parts for the car. She loves it just as much as me :)

She's sounds the kind to marry then :thumbup:

Nice cars, always thought VX220's looked good and were good VFM compared to Elise's.................however they may be too cramped for me @ 6'2"................shame

Honda S2000's do it for me

She's sounds the kind to marry then :thumbup:

Nice cars, always thought VX220's looked good and were good VFM compared to Elise's.................however they may be too cramped for me @ 6'2"................shame

Honda S2000's do it for me

I wouldnt worry about being 6'2" i know a few people that are taller 6'4" 6'5" and still have plenty of room. There is also little things you can do like lower the seats, remove the head rest, as little thigs like this make a big difference. Theres a few on here http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/99554-am-i-too-tall/

• 1 month later...

Awesome build :thumbup:

Yep tempted to get another VX one day - was going to go down the charger route with the last one but after a few trackdays in supercharged ones I decided I couldn't live with the whine everyday - Used to visit 220.Org back when it started. Good old days :thumbup:

Edited by tricks

Right i haven't done very much to this project lately as im busy with my other project. But i had some spare time the other week to get my rack raiser fitted. It was a dead easy job to do just need a strong back and be able to put up with being up side down for a while.

The old ones next to the new ones.

IMG_1410.jpg

Now all fitted up on both sides and also unbolted all the steering joints to release the couple mill of play.

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

I was having problems with my battery dieing quick with the winter months and with the car not being used this time of year didn't help. So i bought a solar panel battery charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter and i tested the car today after it haven't been started for 3 weeks and it started first time so this bit of kit was well worth the

But i had some spare time the other week to get my rack raiser fitted. It was a dead easy job to do just need a strong back and be able to put up with being up side down for a while.

My Mrs needs her rack raising a bit, she said its giving her back ache now. (Had a baby last year) I'll tell her being upside down might help.

P.S nice looking project