radios

sparkalounger

i thought i have seen minders using headsets to talk to riders via speakers in their helmets...

is this done in competitor? Is it just a training tool?

legal for world and US trials?

what i am mainly wondering is what brand they are using? Is there one that they all like to use?

Thanks

Me and my 8yr old son use these for when we ride our dirt bikes: http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-q2-multiset

It means I don't have to shout at him because of the helmets, we speak at normal volume level and no need to press any buttons to talk. They are absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended.

I've encountered a few over zealous parents (fathers) that would benefit greatly from devices like this! You know who you are, let the kid ride the section the way he/she wants to, yelling at them will only detract from their natural learning. You can't force talent by shouting. Ear plugs would be more beneficial(and cheaper) but at least with intercom the kid has the option of turning down the volume!

Verdict: Leave the technology and shouting for those that know what the f*ck they're talking about and ENJOY what you and your kids doing -_- I rest my case.

If you desire such a device for ripping the sh*t out your mate when they make a super a*** of themselves then by all means ignore my rant and communicate freely :P

GJ :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

I've encountered a few over zealous parents (fathers) that would benefit greatly from devices like this! You know who you are, let the kid ride the section the way he/she wants to, yelling at them will only detract from their natural learning. You can't force talent by shouting. Ear plugs would be more beneficial(and cheaper) but at least with intercom the kid has the option of turning down the volume!

Verdict: Leave the technology and shouting for those that know what the f*ck they're talking about and ENJOY what you and your kids doing -_- I rest my case.

If you desire such a device for ripping the sh*t out your mate when they make a super a*** of themselves then by all means ignore my rant and communicate freely :P

GJ :wacko:

GJ - Having grown up racing mx i know exactly what you are talking about and agree wholeheartedly...

On the other hand, like Frogger, i do plan to use this with my boy, we have a great relationship.

I would use it two different ways;

One while play riding, i could say" hey, lets try going over here" , "nice job buddy" , "did you see that rabbit?" he could say "did you see me do that Dad!?" you get the idea...

I would also use it in completion. We have a very healthy level of communication and he craves my advise. As we walk the section he will from time to time even ask me to "stand here and make sure i see this line"... It can be done in a fashion that builds the relationship and helps him enjoy competing even more.

Edited by Sparkalounger

Me and my 8yr old son use these for when we ride our dirt bikes: http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-q2-multiset

It means I don't have to shout at him because of the helmets, we speak at normal volume level and no need to press any buttons to talk. They are absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended.

Thanks Frogger!

I am going to read up on it a bit here... what model do you have?

Edited by Sparkalounger