scottish classic trials

tamdodds

Well done Tam and your team.Had a good run round today.Only managed 2 laps due to my

lack of fitness(must lay of the pies).Cracking venue,mega sections and like minded people.

I've not been trialling long just over a year but my best event so far despite my lacklustre

performance.

cheers the noo Brian

Hello folks, thanks for the comments on the trial keep them coming good and bad. We can't improve unless we know your concerns. Most of what was said at the trial was positive, but it's hard to lay out a 'crap trial' on such a glorious day.It was very encouraging to see so many classic bikes at our first trial. The result of the day was Turps FIRST in the twin-shock B route, then Donald Coultard finishing third (must put that down to the 5 stones he lost). Good to see the overall winner was Robert on a Pre65. With time to reflect we made this quite a hard trial. I think the combination of the size of the lap and the terrain, coupled with the loose scree type sections, resulted in a tiring but enjoyable days trialing, thanks.Tam

Edited by tamdodds

I think you got the severity just right, though I was surprised at how the sections roughed up towards the end of the trial, normally a path forms through scree sections as the rocks bed down, instead these became significantly more difficult, but, there was nothing dangerous or potentially damaging in any of the sections, you could foot your way through all of them.

What did put me off was the lack of observers. It's not something I'm comfortable with at all. Marking yourself or your mates spoils the flow of the trial and there is less pressure on the riders as it feels more like a practice than a competition.

I counted 8 spectators already at the first section when I got there, but only one part time observer in the entire trial.