scottish classic trials

tamdodds

• 1 month later...

Hello folks,hope your all looking forward to our trial at Hume in the Borders on 1'st Sep at 2'o'clock,yes it is a saturday.I will post directions later.This is a new trials site and certainly looks the business,thanks.Tam

Hello folks,here are the directions as promised.From Carfraemill take the A697 for about five miles ,then turn right on to the B6089 to Kelso and Gordon.Follow the B6089 straight through Gordon,after three miles turn left signed Hume( just after the road to Mellerstain House) If coming from Kelso just follow the B6089 and turn right for Hume just before Mellerstain.From the road end flags will be laid out to the quarry.The trial is not in the quarry but on the farm.This is one of the best sites we have found,so get those B40's, C15's, old bultos, fantics , Ty's, Suzuki/bantams and trick Ariel's fired up for a good afternoons trialing for the massive fee of £6,thanks.Tam

Cracking trial yesterday at Hume.Excellent sections all do able,all challenging,well

flagged out and a decent lap.What more could you ask for.Its a shame that Tam

got a small entry(where are all the riders from Tam's first trial?,I know the 2 day was

on a Fintry).Looking forward to Tam's next trial.Lets hope more riders turn up and

show support for Tam's next trial.

cheers the noo Brian

I was looking forward to be there but as I put the bike onto the trailer my clutch cable broke. I then spent the afternoon online ordering a load of spares ! Don't know how I'l be able to ride it now wth new parts and less excuses !!!

Hello folks,I would like to thank Lewis,Jock,Robert and Creena for the time they gave up to put this trial on.I would also like to thank Mel and the others who gave me shots of their bikes after all the sparks escaped from my ignition,don't think I could feature in the results after riding 8 different bikes,new way to keep fit run the lap and ride the first bike to appear at the next section,hope it does not set a new trend.I would also like to thank the land owner for letting us loose on such a great piece of ground.The next trial we had planned was Perth 23/sep this is scrapped due to clash of dates, thanks.Tam

Edited by tamdodds

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Was up with Tam yesterday to look at the new ground near Moffat.Cracking bit of

ground,its like Kinlochleven meets Alvie.It'll be well worth the effort to get there.

Moffat is in Dumfries and Galloway not far from the M74 and the ground is about

5 miles south east of Moffat. Beautiful gullies with something for everyone,so all

going well and Tam gets the date get the bike out for its last blast of the year,

before the long dark nights set in.

cheers the noo Brian