ty 250 wheel

waggstar

hello ive just bought 1987 ty250 i knew it was needing work but as you no when you get it home you start to see ahole lot more wrong with it the bad thing is the back wheel is knackerd the wheel was moving from side to side so i took off the tyre to see what i could do and to my horror the alloy was rotten so now i need a rim and spokes can anybody tell me where to go with this problem, cheers.

Afraid this is quite a common problem for the ty mono having only a 32 hole rim.Central wheel components can now supply a 32 hole morad tubeless rim however the spokes are not available from them which seems strange? A set can be purchased from yamaha[very expensive]. I have seen sets for sale on ebay but not recently for around

Afraid this is quite a common problem for the ty mono having only a 32 hole rim.Central wheel components can now supply a 32 hole morad tubeless rim however the spokes are not available from them which seems strange? A set can be purchased from yamaha[very expensive]. I have seen sets for sale on ebay but not recently for around

Another option,

SM Pro 32 hole 'normal' rim from central wheel, about £90.

Have the old spokes re plated zinc or chrome.

Just make sure when undoing the spokes you don't snap any !

Edited by shedco

I tried to get a 32 hole tubeless rim from central wheel components (emailed one night whilst on net) and they said that they could not supply a 32 spoke tubeless rim ??? I am trying to build a tubeless wheel for my Majesty 175 and have been looking out for old gas gas wheels as apparently some of those are 32 spoke tubeles, anyone better informed ?

I tried to get a 32 hole tubeless rim from central wheel components (emailed one night whilst on net) and they said that they could not supply a 32 spoke tubeless rim ??? I am trying to build a tubeless wheel for my Majesty 175 and have been looking out for old gas gas wheels as apparently some of those are 32 spoke tubeles, anyone better informed ?

I used a gasgas tubeless rear wheel for my ty175 but was using the original hub which is 36 spokes (see fun in the garage yam forum)Malc Simmons from Southern wheels is building Honda tlr hubs with excel tubeless rims, these rims have the flange in the middle like the montesa 4rt rear wheel, I assume you are using the mono rear hub with "Z" spokes

Hi i think you have got it the wrong way round the early wheels were 36 hole and the new ones are 32.Its the 36 hole that are hard to find.

I used a gasgas tubeless rear wheel for my ty175 but was using the original hub which is 36 spokes (see fun in the garage yam forum)Malc Simmons from Southern wheels is building Honda tlr hubs with excel tubeless rims, these rims have the flange in the middle like the montesa 4rt rear wheel, I assume you are using the mono rear hub with "Z" spokes

yes its the mono rear hub with Z spokes il look into that form you said, i just didnt think it would be so hard to rectify should have left alone and just lived with the wobble thanks for the info anyway Booma.