Snatcy Throttle on 36v

petrg

there isnt a 'one fix all' solution to this problem , when I first started to play around with throttle control/resolution I fitted a toggle switch that allowed 2 resolution settings. In one position the throttle resolution is halved and this allowed very good slow control but this would mean that the switch needed to be switched to allow full speed ( normal resolution ) this was not to bad once you got used to it, it was like the equivalent of having a 2 speed gear box but without a clutch, it got very intresting if you forgot to shut the throttle off before you switched into normal resolution :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you not create a mod to make the rear brake lever into a switch so that when you pull its at slow speed and when out its at normal speed? then fabricate a rear brake where the footpegs are

I have been thinking about having the rear brake lever linked into the throttle , but instead of just a switch on the lever it will be continually adjustable dependant on position so it will behave like a clutch, it would work but I will have to try it to see if it is worth while.The main problem would be sorting out a brake lever that will act in the same way as a throttle. You can get e-brake levers and these already have a on/off switch built in and are widely available it would be very easy to setup but like you say a foot brake would have to be sorted out on the osets, but for my application I already have a rear foot brake so it will be just a matter of figuring out the handlebar lever.

Hi Spark,

If you are revering to the rear foot brake then I have just a standard sherco ( not a moddified oset ) e-brake levers with built in on/off switches are like these ones

e-brakelevers.jpg

I may have a very cheap/easy/adjustable solution to the snatcy hall throttle problem, I just need to get out on the bike and test it, unless anyone else wants to. it involves soldering a trim pot into the 0v of the throttle . This is not my solution, I found it on another forum but just may fix the problem.

use a 10 turn 1k trimmer pot in series with the ground wire going to the throttle. cut the black wire and connected the ends to the resistor. Be sure to put the wheel off the ground when you first turn on the controller as the motor might start running.

With the controller on, you adjust the trimmer pot until the motor starts to move, then back off until it just stops. It's a good idea to back it off a tiny bit more just so variations in temperature don't cause the motor to start creeping at stop.

Throttlesmoother.jpg

• 4 months later...

A multi setting 'plug in' Pico Amps controller is now available from OSET. My son has been using one over the last couple of months, transforming the power delivery of the 36v bike.

Thats good to know, I couldn't see them on the UK OSET website. I have recently fitted a kelly controller which completely fixes the problem but a plug in option would have saved a lot of messing around.

• 11 months later...

• 8 months later...

throttle tamers are $45 delivered international and $40 delivered stateside, I now have the contact details of the seller if anyone would like the contact details then please PM me. The throttle tamers allow adjustment of throttle resolution and up ramp speed and a includes a glitch filter.

Edit:

The throttle tamers are not my product and I don't sell them.

Edited by gwhy