S3 bar risers, do they make a difference?

trials_125

I'm 6 foot 5, and every trial I ride, it's becoming more of an issue...Do they really make a big difference? Will it be a big enough difference for me to notice?

Thanks. :thumbup:

Check out Rox Risers. These work really well and you can roll them forward or backwards. They come in 1 3/4" and 2". I have a bad back and use the 2" on a Gas Gas and Beta.

I'm 6 foot 5, and every trial I ride, it's becoming more of an issue...Do they really make a big difference? Will it be a big enough difference for me to notice?

Thanks. :thumbup:

I'm 6 foot 2 and have been using them for about three months now. Although there does't seem to be much noticeable difference in the overall bar position they got rid of the terrible arm pump I was getting. Also turning is a lot less effort. I did have to spend a practice day playing with the settings as there is quite a bit of adjustment for and aft. Mine are now as far back as they will go in the clamp which moves the bar about a cm further back than standard, which is kind of illogical as you would have thought forward would be the way to go.

Try a steep uphill, they adjust between the front always coming up and not. Although different settings don't feel that different, it makes a big difference to the handling.

Interesting ; Modern techniques and development by WTC riders have tended over the years to put more weight on the arms than ever before (believe me I.ve been riding long enough to know)..the problem is remembering!. Fortunatly for me I have the facilities to make such items for myself to try/test; I made a top yoke with front to back adjustment as well as spacer shims for height and found that full fwd. /10mm up with the bars rotated "back" worked for me along with RS footrests. Clearly people don't all come in the same size and adjustability (is that a word?) amkes a big difference...problem for most is risking or justifying the cost to find out. for me c. 950 mm from bar ends to back edge of footrest with bars straight is a starting point.(I'm 5.11" ) but this has to be with bars rotated back thus oblidging me to mount them fwd & up. In short yes it makes a difference but as it's a personalising process it's a bit of trial & error process to find whats best for you. Best testing conditions are to have a mate with same bike as a control or reference ... make your mods /adjustments to yours and try the two back to back on same sections, that way you get to notice the difference as does your mate ...you then end up discussing the merits ets .etc.

Check out Rox Risers. These work really well and you can roll them forward or backwards. They come in 1 3/4" and 2". I have a bad back and use the 2" on a Gas Gas and Beta.

I couldn't seem to find any Rox Risers for a trials bike, it was just ATV snow mobiles. Do you know anywhere online that does them?

Thanks for the info guys

I couldn't seem to find any Rox Risers for a trials bike, it was just ATV snow mobiles. Do you know anywhere online that does them?

Thanks for the info guys

have you tried jitse bars i have a pair of 5.5"bend in them helps alot.

Thanks for the info guys

Go to Rox Risers web site, roxspeedfx.com, and look under dualsport risers heading. These will fit trials bikes and they have sizes to fit 7/8" or 1 1/8".

RC High Pro Taper bars are 19 mm taller than their trials bars, but they're about 19mm narrower