Evo insurance

chewy

Here we are again and still no wiser! Want to get a new Evo for the missus.. new bike lady driver 50+ never claimed anything ..bike locked up inside locked up inside locked up inside locked up.. less than 300 miles a year mostly away from other traffic....(observing SSDT) want theft and 3rd party insurance.

I have same bike and all same set of conditions exept i'm not a lady (LoL)

For me with Bikesure fully comp prem,ium was

its on the motor database, i have discussed with some brokers, its just they wont quote as the risk is too high.

only options are MSM or theft only, Doodsons.

its not cheap, but its peace of mind.

p.s. i have now spent over

Get down to your local fishing and game store and ask for alarm mines. They take the bang from a shotgun cartridge and use a trip wire. Legal and above board. Also ensure you chain is bigger than 20 mm as bolt crops 42 inch versions won't cut that size chain.

Get down to your local fishing and game store and ask for alarm mines. They take the bang from a shotgun cartridge and use a trip wire. Legal and above board. Also ensure you chain is bigger than 20 mm as bolt crops 42 inch versions won't cut that size chain.

Alarm mines are fantastic and cheap, and can be rigged up in all over the place

JUST BESURE TO REMINDE THE WIFE BEFORE SHE TROTTS OUT TO THE GARAGE, TO RETREAVE THE TEE FROM THE FRIDGE FREEZER,,, (she has no sence of fun any more) :rotfl:

MCE, the BSB title sponsor for the last couple of years offered EVO cover, or at least they did two years ago.

Recent attempt to offer long time GG insurer Bennetts my business on an Evo was declined, went MSM for the road cover.

Detering the scumbags is interesting.. maybe these alarm mines would be good under a few inches of sand in strategic place ..might give em sore nuts!! seems like a good idea might lead to prison though..would a device like this reduce the premiums?. Just cant understand why an Evo is un quotable when a rev3 or a gas gas is. surely Interested sellers of these bikes must read these forums and note that sales are being lost. Would it be possible for insurers to cover fire&theft risks as normal and road use on an ad hoc basis eg. every Sunday (1/7th of the risk) maybe first week in May etc. Somebody mentioned that our use is not near to riding around a major city or motorway on a dark wet night time..how you might convince somebody to underwrite such policies I don,t know. It seems to be an additional cost one has to bear if buying a Beta Evo..maybe this will also apply to Ossa,Jotagas (if & when we get to see them!),Scorpa etc.

so lets see, middle of the night, loud bang from garage, you get up, nobody about, bike still there but garage door broken, oh well it can be fixed. (on house insurance).

next morning plod turns up and wants to know why scumbag was found wandering streets in middle of the night with bleeding eardrums.

now lets play, "who's going to get prosocuted", trust me, it isnt going to be the little **** with with an ASBO is it? oh no, its going to be you.

and it'll get in the papers (what will the neigbours say).

secondary lock and an alarm is the way to go.

1st lock shuts the door tight, prise that open and alarm triggered, secondary lock can be anything but a good one is a chain that will only let the door open enough to get your arm in to unlock it from the door. once alarm triggered its got to be a determined scumbag that stays to work out why door wont open and deal with the lock while alarm blaring away.

failing that put proper 12 bore cartridges in the alarm mine, blow scumbags head off and bury him at your next trial. :thumbup:

i'm all for it,, think of it as social policing..savings for the taxpayer etc. I have to say in fairness to the scumbags who thieve property that just because a man wears a suit ,carries a briefcase and is acredited and licenced be he an insurance broker,company,financial advisor investment banker it doesn't make him any less of a scumbag.

Assuming we know have the panacea for property theft (usually performed by dissatified "working" (LoL) class who wasted every educational opportunity they were given)

how can we as conmsumers of the services of the white collar scumbags socially police them? Exploding check or credit card?...ghost of christmas past ,present.future.

Perhaps playing both ends against the middle is the only way after all.

Crikey Chewy, you been reading the Daily Mail this week? :angry:

Full of angst, and Built up frustrations. :wall:

and BREATH.......now RELAX......its funny, as soon as i sling a leg over the bike all this disapears for a couple of hours, roll on sunday.

cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...

Anyway, if we could just heave this thread back on topic for a moment ...

Does anyone know of any insurer currently (as in March 2012) offering insurance for a 2011 Beta Evo? I use mine once or twice a year and begrudge stumping up £250 to MSM when in an ideal world I could just add it to my existing policy with Carole Nash. But Carole Nash don't believe in that model, and neither does anyone else it seems, apart from Doodson's who offered to cover me for theft only for ... wait for it ... also £250.

Any ideas gratefully received - 's long as they're hygienic! ;)

Just been through the whole tedious exercise again for Janet on a new 125 Evo.... TPF&T £140.00 through Bikesure (adrian Flux) Sara or Rob... insurer is Marherstudy Insurance co ltd actual premium cost is £105.00.. European cover 90 days inc.

PS I would very much like to know who is responsible for updating the insurerers databases ...would it be the manufacturers have to advise them, Vosa?..Importers? insurance agents?...

PPS Many companies couldn't fit a 125 cc into the £price bracket of a new trials bike.

PPPS just checked spelling is Markerstudy ins co.ltd.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=marherstudy%20insurance%20co%20ltd&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CEAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.markerstudy.com%2F&ei=kidVT8KAJeKc0AWLt4DRCw&usg=AFQjCNGcXB-N9Skxqy5-PEHw6vmlJd-9fQ&sig2=BPnObVIuwiNMC1IOq3F7VA&cad=rja

Edited by chewy