Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  

How do I road register my trials bike?

Recommended Posts

I am just in the process of doing mine at the moment. You either need a certificate of newness which you should have got if you purchased the bike brand new from a dealer, this I think is valid for 6 months. If you don't have this you need to get a v55/5 form from the dvla and complete it. If you want an age related plate you will need a letter from the importer/ manufacturer stating the year of manufacture and importation and it would also help if it says vat has been paid and that it is exempt from type approval due to being a trials competition bike. If it is over 3 years old you need to get it mot'd first and then insured on the frame no. Once you have a insurance certificate send this, MOT, forms, id and a cheque for the tax and first registration fee (

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this