1 reply to this topic

#1 trials_125

trials_125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Bike:2011 Gas Gas 125

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Thinking about possibly doing the Manx 2 Day this year, but my trials bike is not registered. How do I go about registering it?

Cheers

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 doogle

doogle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Bike:Montesa 4RT
  • Club:Milton Buzzard MCC

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I am just in the process of doing mine at the moment. You either need a certificate of newness which you should have got if you purchased the bike brand new from a dealer, this I think is valid for 6 months. If you don't have this you need to get a v55/5 form from the dvla and complete it. If you want an age related plate you will need a letter from the importer/ manufacturer stating the year of manufacture and importation and it would also help if it says vat has been paid and that it is exempt from type approval due to being a trials competition bike. If it is over 3 years old you need to get it mot'd first and then insured on the frame no. Once you have a insurance certificate send this, MOT, forms, id and a cheque for the tax and first registration fee (90 all on for a 250cc) and hopefully they will send you back everything with a log book and reg no. They may want to inspect it (1 in 10 apparently) naturally they wanted to inspect mine, but when I got there I didn't even get it out the van. Just checked the frame and engine no and that it was what I said it was. He had googled it before I arrived as he didn't know what they looked like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users