Sherco 4T?

pauls4t

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not but those who havent got one will certainly think twice.

In a way this view is somewhat justified I think, as they are not for a novice! But for a hard core Big Bore 4T entheuiast, there is NOTHING like the Brute! It will rip!

All P65 riders should have one! Soo fun to ride! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for asking here about a friends tecnical problem with his Sherco 3.2 (year 2005)...

Bike starts with no problem, but after about a 10 minutes ride it shuts off and wont start until it is cooled down.

After that it starts with no problem.

Where could be the problem?

And another one:

is it possibile to adjust valves with the engine mounted (Sherco 3.2, year 2007)or should it be dismounted form the frame?

Regards.

Sorry for asking here about a friends tecnical problem with his Sherco 3.2 (year 2005)...

Bike starts with no problem, but after about a 10 minutes ride it shuts off and wont start until it is cooled down.

And another one:

is it possibile to adjust valves with the engine mounted (Sherco 3.2, year 2007)or should it be dismounted form the frame?

Regards.

This was the problem right from the start in short he has bought a lemon.

However that said a guy riding at our club yesterday has one and it runs ok most of the time, an 07.

And another one:

Regards.

Inspect for loss of spark when this occurs, along with things like proper fuel tank venting and proper flow to the carb. :rolleyes:

And another one:

Regards.

Has the coil been relaced yet? My bike had a bad coil from new and had to have a replacement.

• 2 months later...

Valve adjustment on a 2007 3.2 F

Kasti asks 30. jan if the valve clearance can be adjusted on a 3.2 2007 model without taking off the motor. Yes it can be done in the following manner. 1. Take off the exhaust pipe. 2. Take off the front bolt holding the motor to the frame 3. Then take off the bolt holding the motor to the the underneath of the frame. 4. Then take off the bolt holding the cylinderhead to the upper frame. 5. Then loosen the plastic fanhousing carefully and push it upwards 1,5 cm. 6. Now loosen the two 6mm screws holding the black valvecover 7. Now there should be enough space underneath the fanhousing so you can tilt the motor forward 1,5cm so the cylinderhead top edge comes just underneath the radiator edge 7. At this stage you can now move the valve cover to the left side so it comes clear of the frame. Take care so the rubber sealing underneath the cover is not damaged. Press the radiator hose slightly forward so the cover comes clear. I have done it several times.

It is a fantastic machine giving me a lot off joy. Good luck

I had inquired a month or so ago to RYP , I was told they are still available , just built to order ... Still thinking about one ...

(thump thump thump thump thump thump .... :))

Glenn

Quite honestly, I doubt you would like one, They can rip your arms off! Unless you are riding modern EXPERT line. For the average punter, the Beta 250 is like a sewing machine!

Quite honestly, I doubt you would like one, They can rip your arms off! Unless you are riding modern EXPERT line. For the average punter, the Beta 250 is like a sewing machine!

I agree the Beta is sooo nice and the best I've ridden. I rode Cody's 4t when he was on one back in 07-08 or so and it was a monster, great bike, but you can't compare all of them to his though. I haven't ridden a Montesa at all, and the few Scorpas I rode didn't impress me all that well, but I'm sure it was all in the setup.

:rolleyes: Doug ; but you've got to understand , my first trials bike was a poweroll breathed on tl125 that was around 175-180cc and I only weighed about 110lbs when I rode that , had a tl250 too for a bit , got to use a RTL305 and a RTL360 for a few events ... Then I got cut off from trials thru no fault of my own .(thanks dad) In the interim I've had BSA gold stars and a XR500 to play with in the desert . I LIKE TORQUE ! none of this slip the clutch stuff , I want to idle at 500 rpm and snap the throttle open and launch ! :) (but then I'd have to get that NO FEAR attitude I had when I was a teenager !) But a good sized four stroke is for me , I love riding my freinds 4rt (that has hrc dualmapping programs and is a animal or as smooth as you could ask for ) but I can't deal with the must have high idle speed of the fuel injection . Stop or no stop sections I tend not to use my clutch much ... So I want a 4t with a accelerator pump in the carb !!!

But I still love my geared to low for most folks Fantic ...

Glenn ;)

And on edit , there are a few reflexes in SE. ITSA that are amazing bikes , and their riders ain't no slouches either :)

And JT ; you should come up to Hendersonville ,NC. on the 21st of this month and ride the MTR event , hosted and layed out by last years natc twinshock champ ! Great Venue ... And the Holberts lay out sections just like Bob does .... class perfect !

Edited by axulsuv

Well,actually I rode my buddies $250 Reflex awhile back....had me really thinking I may eventually need one to play with :hyper:

I'm working a dealio on something myself,let ya know once I get it.

I skipped work and showed up at Ryan Young's Spring break training today just to watch the brave young kids...POURED rain on us and it made it VERY slick...worked out well because I was able to pick up tips that I can actually use myself rather than just watching the team do incredible stuff I never will attempt ,made up a bit for skipping Trials Training Days,which I will attend next year.

I've also heard the same issues about the 3.2F's,but that does make them very intriguing to me :stoned: first trials event I ever attended Ryan was riding one,he made it look oh so fun!

Pick your poison I allways say! The 3.2 IS a macho bike and fun to ride. It will chug reasonably well and the carb seems to react without hesitation and operate smoothly at lower ranges. They just stretch your arms a bit as the throttle opens past 1/4.

I near got one a few years back, yet the time and cost of re engineering it to about 280cc for me proved too much on my limited budjet. The first "05 model were a bit more gentile as I recall, not bad but the dellorto was trickey on them.

I rode the 250 Beta when they first arrived, and my first impression reminded me of my old XR 200 honda in terms of power, wery quiet smooth and gentile. The CV carb just works and chugs well. Same result with the modded 300 kit when it came out, yet a lot more balls! Open the muff up and let it breath a bit and it is fairly wicked, possibly too much for my sorry ass. I know my limits, and they are LOW!