Beta Rev 3 Over Run

admcc

I have pulled the carb off my 2006 Rev 3 for a clean. The bowl has been off and cleared the jets.

Now it starts fine but when you rev it it stays at full revs. The throttle is returning as it should.

Any suggestions???

Chris

I have pulled the carb off my 2006 Rev 3 for a clean. The bowl has been off and cleared the jets.

Now it starts fine but when you rev it it stays at full revs. The throttle is returning as it should.

Any suggestions???

Chris

Do you mean the twistgrip is returning or the slide is returning?

If slide is returning you may have an air leak on the engine side of the carby (probably the connector to the reed cage)

Lock your handle bars left, twist the throttle to full and then let it go, listen to hear a snap from the carb. Do this on right hand lock as well. If you don't hear the slider snap back then you know its sticking, or the throttle cable could be getting pinched or not seated right. Check where it enters your throttle housing on the handle bars and also where is enters the Carb.

Would pull out your reeds as well. It one of then is cracked and getstuckuk open this will cause the bike to stay in high rev's

Hope you sort the problem. But check the easy things first before you strip the bike do.

Agree with the above, but instead of listening for the slide hitting bottom it's a lot easier to tell by putting your finger on the tick-over screw and letting the throttle snap shut. If you feel the slide hitting the screw you know its going fully closed.