changing tyres

mill9898

I've used a push bike inner tube as a tyre beader. Used 16" but is a bit tight. 17" or 18" may be better. Still needed a compresssor though

Normally get a Mich to go the rim jsut with compressor but IRC has proved a little more challenging.

Actually, I'm trying to talk myself into buying a compressor - at the moment I can only think of the following uses:

1. Fitting tyres

2. Blowing out spark plug holes (on 4 strokes)

3. pushing out brake caliper pistons

4. Cleaning Carbs

What else are they really useful for? Everything above can be achieved without one.

Actually, I'm trying to talk myself into buying a compressor - at the moment I can only think of the following uses:

1. Fitting tyres

2. Blowing out spark plug holes (on 4 strokes)

3. pushing out brake caliper pistons

4. Cleaning Carbs

What else are they really useful for? Everything above can be achieved without one.

I imagine they'd be equally useful for blowing out spark plug holes on a twostroke but would not recommend it as a method for any motor as it's likely to put dirt etc in to the motor. Better to use an old plug with a diagonal saw cut across the thread to clean a plug hole thread.

Along with a tyre inflator and a blow nozzle for achieving the things you've mentioned (and numerous other tasks) I also have the following;

Spray guns for spraying things

Nail guns for nailing things

Cut off tool for cutting things

Grinder for grinding things

Needle gun for needle gunning things

Chisel for chiselling things

Stapler for stapling things

Brake bleeder for bleeding things

Paraffin gun for, well washing oily things and lubing the underside of Land Rovers

Plasma cutter (needs compressed air)

Impact gun for impacting things

Ratchet for ratcheting things

Grease gun for greasing things

Sander for sanding things

Die grinder for putting things in your eye when you forget to put goggles on......

etc etc etc

Yes you can probably achieve most tasks without a compressor but they fairly make life easier if you have one. If you prefer a challenge try taking the engine out your trials bike and fit it with pedals! 8 out of ten compressor owners prefer engines, the other two blow up air beds as a hobby :rolleyes:

Convinced you yet?

GJ :wacko: