New Jotagas...How Much?!

trials_125

The price is not unreasonable, for a quality product, which is what JotaGas have stated it will be. Any product is priced at what a company thinks the market will accept and their price is at the top end, just below the OSSA. They are a small company, making a small volume product and expect to make a reasonable profit and cover R&D costs etc, etc. It looks like it has been made well, but will probably have a few little problems, as has just about every new bike that's ever been made. It's how JotaGas deal with them, that will make or break the sales. The first test confirms its a quality product and has what it takes for a great ride, how it stands up to everyday use, well, we'll find out once they start delivering them and the owners will soon either be singing it's praises or not.

We should commend JotaGas for being brave enough to proceed with the product in such hard times, I wish them and Steve, all the best of luck and hope its a great success.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't buying one, What is the point in starting this topic?

I think personally the Jotagas will be an excellent & good quality machine, With Jordi Tarres developing it You wouldn't expect it to be rubbish. £5575 is a bit steep, More than say a Factory 300 Beta (which is one hell of a bike!), But not as much as a New 300 Raga Rep, The cost of 2T trials bikes are getting stupid.

This weekend in France will be a big challenge for the JTG Machine & will prove if it's up to the job or not, Lets hope Pol Tarres has a good ride on saturday night.

Edited by BenBeta23

2 300 models are in the UK on the Jotagas stand at Telford.

They look ace and even better in the flesh. The frame is beautifully tig welded and has a gorgeous shine to it. Each component looks well designed and beautifully made.

It has a new brake lever from the Milan show version.

It's a tiny bike. The engine is tiny with tiny fixings assembling it. It's almost dolls house stuff compared with the size I'm used to.

Nice special levers, anodized spokes and mudguard stay.

Only vulnerable bits are possibly the plastic that is next to the chain adjuster, won't the silencer get so hot that the plastic on the rear box melt?

It's hard plastic so it'll be ok I'm sure. The factory would have rectified it if it melted I'm sure.

It's got a Dellorto as well. I much prefer this to the kick in power of the fi on the Ossa. To sharp for me , I need things to happen slowly.

It's a lovely bike and in my opinion looks better quality to the gasser and beta. This along with the exclusivity and the Tarres connection , gets my vote

Edited by gasgas249uk

Great report, I'm sure they will be snapped up quickly where ever they are offered. The professionalism that Jordi bought to Trials will be presented in not only looks but performance in a machine he has put his name on.

We are having a motor cycle show on the Gold Coast next weekend and I am looking forward to seeing one or two of them there.

Our Aussie distributor has been doing his best to have them here available for viewing.

2 300 models are in the UK on the Jotagas stand at Telford.

They look ace and even better in the flesh. The frame is beautifully tig welded and has a gorgeous shine to it. Each component looks well designed and beautifully made.

It has a new brake lever from the Milan show version.

It's a tiny bike. The engine is tiny with tiny fixings assembling it. It's almost dolls house stuff compared with the size I'm used to.

Nice special levers, anodized spokes and mudguard stay.

Only vulnerable bits are possibly the plastic that is next to the chain adjuster, won't the silencer get so hot that the plastic on the rear box melt?

It's hard plastic so it'll be ok I'm sure. The factory would have rectified it if it melted I'm sure.

It's got a Dellorto as well. I much prefer this to the kick in power of the fi on the Ossa. To sharp for me , I need things to happen slowly.

It's a lovely bike and in my opinion looks better quality to the gasser and beta. This along with the exclusivity and the Tarres connection , gets my vote

I agree, saw it in Telford yesterday.

The quality of the components and construction was aircraft quality, it was certainly far ahead of the BETA, GAS GAS on show and the Montesa next to it.

Is there are a top rider on it for this Country ?

I must correct myself.

There is no plastic near the chain tensioner , it was black anodized alloy and looked like plastic , so no issue there, my mistake.

Also looking at the Gasser and the Beta the silencers are partly made of plastic also and they dont melt , so these wont.

So , looking at them I can't see any obvious problems. They're clearly for the discerning buyer who wants to be different as new 2011 gasser were there for 4k in the next row.

The JTG looked SPOT ON and was made the new Hondas for 7k(!) next to it , look absolutely huge.

I'll post some photos I took of bits I thought Interesting

Great report, I'm sure they will be snapped up quickly where ever they are offered. The professionalism that Jordi bought to Trials will be presented in not only looks but performance in a machine he has put his name on.

We are having a motor cycle show on the Gold Coast next weekend and I am looking forward to seeing one or two of them there.

Our Aussie distributor has been doing his best to have them here available for viewing.

Do you have details of where and when? I'm keen to go and have a look!

Cheers

Just got the prices for the Jotagas here in France,and they seem a bit unusual 6999euros for the 250,6199euros for the 280 and 6299euros for the 300,why the big difference for the 250?

Much of a muchness price wise in the UK.

Would definately give one a go though look good.

Andy.