New Bantam Project

elgringo

Right a bit of an update finally, she's alive!!

After very ponderous progress i went mad and bought a load of bits at Stafford Classic show, a proper Bantam kickstart, Tank badges and ally rear mudguard.

After some careful (guess) work on the timing she fired 2nd kick and ran properly on the 4th.

She has now decided not to start again but it was a momentous occassion and several cold beverages were drunk!

Latest problems in the long list including a slightly bent timing end on the crank, as well as not being able to start it again include a leaky head gasket, leaky exhaust collar and the fact that having taken the clutch cover off to try and stop it leaking i found the clutch basket has next to no teeth left on it, like sharks teeth, having tried to put it into gear the primary chain just buzzes.

New clutch basket sourced so we should be ok

Ah well onwards and upwards

Will post some more pictures when it's done

Cheers

Chris

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

And at long last Success!!! The Combination of a Rooster Booster ignition, a new stator bush, a massive ammount of faffing and a fresh properly gapped plug and we have a winner.

Finally got there!

02022013975_zpsf59d88e7.jpg

02022013976_zps9b48c339.jpg

02022013977_zpsf2c5331f.jpg

02022013980_zps6a6da0ed.jpg

02022013985_zpsa8b60eec.jpg

02022013981_zps1a88f439.jpg

02022013990_zpsa69e3dbd.jpg

Video Link Below - I think the rattle/buzzing is the exhaust hitting the frame - needs insulating

th_02022013033_zpsc48958dd.jpg

Cheers

Chris