Legal Horn

fhtrucker

what is the most suitable horn for 2008 rev3 and best place to get one

i see from the electrical diagram Dan posted that it would have to be a 12 ac and + goes direct to the horn and the switch puts the - to ground.

just want to make sure i dont get one that would draw too much current.

i suppose a battery one could be an option.

only need it to keep the wooden tops happy.

what is the most suitable horn for 2008 rev3 and best place to get one

i see from the electrical diagram Dan posted that it would have to be a 12 ac and + goes direct to the horn and the switch puts the - to ground.

just want to make sure i dont get one that would draw too much current.

i suppose a battery one could be an option.

only need it to keep the wooden tops happy.

dont u mean dc not ac, also you can get some a23 batterys there tiny and are 12v they are powering the lights on my rev3 :blush:

hi ben

the 12 volt battery option would do for all the time it would be used

By looking at the diagrams Dan William posted for the stator fault it shows the lights ect coming of the regulator on the owner manual..dont know if this changes the voltage to DC and drops it to 12v???

The other diagram he shows is the wiring from his own bike and the lights ect come straight of the stator shown 20vac, so i am not clear on this myself....anyone got any clarification on this.

This is the link to the pdf.....http://www.newenglandtrials.org/Beta_wiring.pdf

hi ben

the 12 volt battery option would do for all the time it would be used

By looking at the diagrams Dan William posted for the stator fault it shows the lights ect coming of the regulator on the owner manual..dont know if this changes the voltage to DC and drops it to 12v???

The other diagram he shows is the wiring from his own bike and the lights ect come straight of the stator shown 20vac, so i am not clear on this myself....anyone got any clarification on this.

This is the link to the pdf.....http://www.newenglandtrials.org/Beta_wiring.pdf

Have you looked at the propper beta wiring diagram?

i had a look at it but when i take the pdf up to 125% it is then "clear as mud" and i cannot make out any of the writing, but it does look like the feed comes out of the stator/generator and goes up to the regulator, so heck knows what voltage comes out of the generator.

So does the regulator take the voltage down to 12volt? and i wonder what the voltage is out of the generator.

On dans description it looks like his lights ect was straight of the generator so would be at that voltage,,whatever that is.

Wonder why the manual pdf is so crap its hard to read???

i had a look at it but when i take the pdf up to 125% it is then "clear as mud" and i cannot make out any of the writing, but it does look like the feed comes out of the stator/generator and goes up to the regulator, so heck knows what voltage comes out of the generator.

So does the regulator take the voltage down to 12volt? and i wonder what the voltage is out of the generator.

On dans description it looks like his lights ect was straight of the generator so would be at that voltage,,whatever that is.

Wonder why the manual pdf is so crap its hard to read???

i think the regulator keeps the voltage to around 12v so when reving etc it does not exceed 12v

aye, its getting late and i'm scratching my head at this one as its not clear in the diagrams.

i think it is AC and it would need a rectifier to go from AC to DC, so i dont think the regulator does this...if it is, then the horn would have to be AC.

will see if dan looks at this one and can shed some light on it or will pm him, as he seems to have sussed out the wiring on the beta.....thats more than beta can do by the looks of it.. :D

aye, its getting late and i'm scratching my head at this one as its not clear in the diagrams.

i think it is AC and it would need a rectifier to go from AC to DC, so i dont think the regulator does this...if it is, then the horn would have to be AC.

will see if dan looks at this one and can shed some light on it or will pm him, as he seems to have sussed out the wiring on the beta.....thats more than beta can do by the looks of it.. :D

Personally I wouldn't bother messing about. By the time you buy a horn then spend time figuring out and finally wiring it you will have spent, depending how you value your time, way more than you would have spent buying a handlebar mounted battery operated bicycle horn, which is what most folk do, and taking two minutes to bolt it on.

hi 2/4

probably will just do that, but was curious to see how it could or should be wired into the bike

cheers..ps..put a post on the ssdt forum about land acess and some guy in america thinks it ok to shoot me if i am on his land...trembling in my boots :rolleyes: