Mapping Button Raga 300

davet

Eh op on my raga 300 there is two red switches on top of the radiator, I have been told it is a mapping switch for the engine.

Can anybody explain what it does and how to use...

Cheers :thumbup:

Push the button which you like the look of the most - rev the engine - drop the clutch and hang on like &uck ! It's a Raga 300cc for christ sake do you really need to provoke it even more than what it gives you already ? You do ?? Geesss ! You are brave mate ! Good luck ! :rotfl:

(in gest :shutup: ) - You can only 'feel' what they do to the tune of the engine by experiment over the same section in each position and/or a reet good blast up a hill climb - But don't expect massive changes in power - more likley subtle wickness increases :thumbup:

Edited by Scoobydo

Eh op on my raga 300 there is two red switches on top of the radiator, I have been told it is a mapping switch for the engine.

Ignore and ride...."Factory Kev" once told me he takes em off and wires the rain setting in permanently (he'll probably contradict me now I have written this). I honestly can't tell any difference but apparently on the "sun" setting you get a few more revs at the top end.....

Leave it on the rain setting. The other setting only cuts in over a certain amount of revs.

Ignore and ride...."Factory Kev" once told me he takes em off and wires the rain setting in permanently (he'll probably contradict me now I have written this). I honestly can't tell any difference but apparently on the "sun" setting you get a few more revs at the top end.....

I noticed when on the sunny you get more revs at top end.

If there is a difference low down I can't tell.

hey

if u are running fast between sections put it on sun or the bike could overheat (not enough pre ignition)

the difference is not that great at low revs but on high revs there is a difference i only use sun setting on my bike but thats a 250

best regards

hey

if u are running fast between sections put it on sun or the bike could overheat (not enough pre ignition)

the difference is not that great at low revs but on high revs there is a difference i only use sun setting on my bike but thats a 250

best regards

Sounds like ive bought a monster !!! but when i ride it from now on seems the sun is always going to shine on me Ha Ha..

Thanks for all your replys :guinness: