Evo / Kx Kill Switch

gazzaecowarrior

Hi there, after 3 hours use the kill switch died on my new Beta Evo. As I bought the bike from a shop many miles away they kindly sent me a new KX style kill switch in the post. I'm mildly competent with electronics but just want to check before I do anything. I was going to cut into the wires above the plug connection where the kill switch cable plugs into the main wiring loom. I want to do this so that I can unplug my kill swich if I need to without having to cut into the wires again. This is located behind the headlight. I wish to retain the headlight and the headlight switch. Am I correct in thinking that the KX kill switch is simply a 'push to off switch' ? Therefor the two wires can simply be connected to the two wires that were going to the original kill switch. I'm geussing that if I get them round the wong way, I would have to push the kill switch for the bike to fire and release the kill switch to kill it. The only thing that confuses me is that the KX kill switch has a male type push connector on one lead and an earth type ring connctor on the other lead. Has anybody wired one of these in ?

Gareth

Hi there, after 3 hours use the kill switch died on my new Beta Evo. As I bought the bike from a shop many miles away they kindly sent me a new KX style kill switch in the post. I'm mildly competent with electronics but just want to check before I do anything. I was going to cut into the wires above the plug connection where the kill switch cable plugs into the main wiring loom. I want to do this so that I can unplug my kill swich if I need to without having to cut into the wires again. This is located behind the headlight. I wish to retain the headlight and the headlight switch. Am I correct in thinking that the KX kill switch is simply a 'push to off switch' ? Therefor the two wires can simply be connected to the two wires that were going to the original kill switch. I'm geussing that if I get them round the wong way, I would have to push the kill switch for the bike to fire and release the kill switch to kill it. The only thing that confuses me is that the KX kill switch has a male type push connector on one lead and an earth type ring connctor on the other lead. Has anybody wired one of these in ?

Gareth

it shouldnt matter which wire goes to which and it will only kill when pushed in ,cut the connectors off and join to the origanal two wires in bike ,but speak to shop and get them to tell you how to do it then if anything goes wrong its there fault

It may be important which way round the wires go. One is intended to go to earth and this may be attached to the switch in such a way the whole switch body is earthed. Connect the "live to this and your bike wont't run.

Cheerts