Interested - Will It Grow To Be A Hobby?

cbf1000

Trials looks like something I might like - coming from car trials and comp safari.

Never been to an event, seen the indoor events on tv, local club has outdoor trial on the 12th Feb.

Don't know which bike is easiest for a fat, old, never done it before newcomer to start with. Any suggestions? (yeah, loose weight, haha)

Never hurts to attend a local event just to watch the average punters having a ride. It is challenging and frustrating at times, like golf, but lots of fun if you like to ride a bit and do things without killing yourself!

Just don't put feet down! :thumbup:

If you do go to a local trial to watch, don't be put off, it must be one of the dullest sports I can think of to watch, but is fantastic to compete in

Your kidding right? there are some fantastic skill levels in trials.

you know what, i cant be bothered to finish this post.

You could'nt be more wrong if you tried. :angry:

Edited by paul w
  • Like 1

Your kidding right? there are some fantastic skill levels in trials.

you know what, i cant be bothered to finish this post.

You could'nt be more wrong if you tried. :angry:

No I'm not kidding, get anyone who rides bikes that isn't in to trials to a clubman trial, and have them watch for an hour, they'll be bored ****less.

The dude is just starting out, I suspect he won't be going to watch Bou at a local trial, cause if he was,he'd be impressed then think , f*ck that, but watching clubman level trials is dull.

Are you seriously suggesting watching clubman trials is interesting ? if so, you need to get out more dude/dudette.

Thedbf, you really are a numpty, he WANTS to get into trials, if that person goes and likes what he sees, he's gonna ride isnt he?

I need to get out more? like where? come on lets here it, what do you like to watch?

Judging by your normal comments, its going to be pro-celebrity night fishing, or the Vietmanese tiddly winks championship. :stoned:

OK dude, if you think watching clubman trials is good to watch, which it isn't btw

let me get this right, you dont like the sport you compete in?

you dont like watching better riders to pick up tips on lines ect?

and that wasnt what i asked was it? what do you DO? :popcorn:

let me get this right, you dont like the sport you compete in?

you dont like watching better riders to pick up tips on lines ect?

Look dude, if yer gonna quote me, quote me on what I say, not what you're making up. :rolleyes:

Haha, this sounds good fun! So there's as much going on off the bikes as on the sections. Good job I refreshed my First-aid training recently.

Are there any other 'sensitivities' I should be aware of so I don't innocently p***-off people before I get to know the cliques?

Edited by cbf1000

Haha, this sounds good fun! So there's as much going on off the bikes as on the sections. Good job I refreshed my First-aid training recently.

Are there any other 'sensitivities' I should be aware of so I don't innocently p***-off people before I get to know the cliques?

I would say get right in there and walk the sections with the riders if you can, like you were riding it. Gives you good perspective in reading the sections and planning where you want to go. Then observe it in application. Just get out the way of the bikes when the section is "hot".

Ask questions, introduce yourself, observe and understand. Most are quite helpful. :thumbup: