Works Performance Shocks For Trials

sir dabs alot

Works Performance is an awsome company. I had a rear shock on a BMW for 10 years. When the bladder containing the exhausted contents and gas due to freezing, they replaced it for free with an updated model. I'd buy a WP shock for my Sherco....If they offered it.

Sag came in at 4" out of the box. That doesn't leave a lot of extra travel to play with. They admit they made a miscalculation. Told me to turn the preload rings up a few turns...... obviously that didn't work. Got an RA # to send them back. Lost track of that and the dealer couldn't relocate it either. Time passes, bike just sitting there cause its unpleasant to ride. After several requests to dealer to locate RA # with no luck I send them directly back to WP. After being told they didn't know what they had done but must have miscalculated something they tell me too much time had passed and they will have to charge me $15 per shock to replace my severely undersprung springs with USED springs plus shipping. I'm really hating I spent $550 on these shocks that are basically useless as they are. .......

If I had it to do over I'd buy some Magicals. No one in the US seems to have a clue what trials shocks are supposed to be like. WP guy "well the ones that came on it, they're pretty soft weren't they"? ....... I didn't pay top dollar for the same thing that came stock on the bike in 1983.... what idiots!

If I had it to do over I'd buy some Magicals. No one in the US seems to have a clue what trials shocks are supposed to be like. WP guy "well the ones that came on it, they're pretty soft weren't they"? ....... I didn't pay top dollar for the same thing that came stock on the bike in 1983.... what idiots!

Have you called Bob Ginder at B&J Racing? He builds custom made to order Falcons for $340.I know Glenn(Axulsuv)is pretty happy with his set.

What bike are these shocks going on? Does it have forward mounted shocks? Kinda sounds like they sent you shocks designed for about a 1 to 1 leverage ratio and you've put them on a bike that has about 1.75 to 1 ratio. In that case maybe you can sell the Works performance shocks to someone who has a shorter travel setup.

Have you called Bob Ginder at B&J Racing? He builds custom made to order Falcons for $340.I know Glenn(Axulsuv)is pretty happy with his set.

What bike are these shocks going on? Does it have forward mounted shocks? Kinda sounds like they sent you shocks designed for about a 1 to 1 leverage ratio and you've put them on a bike that has about 1.75 to 1 ratio. In that case maybe you can sell the Works performance shocks to someone who has a shorter travel setup.

Yeah, I had a set of Falcons that had the wrong springs. They came with 50lb springs and I needed 60 lb springs. I asked for 60 lb springs to replace the 50s but none where available and didn't know when they would be. Again, I was offer some used 60s with just a little rust on them.....

I guess I'm just unlucky when it comes to trials shocks????

I think you're right about the leverage ratio thing. When I sent the shocks back I had to fill out this form that measured distances from the swingarm to axel, swingarm to shock pivot top and bottom, etc. Once WP recieved the form the guy that did the calcs admitted he didn't realize the 1983 Cota 242 where mounted so far up on the swing arm and said he thought they were mounted like a 247 hence he got the wrong ratio....

I'm outside the 30 day window by a long shot but I've been calling for q1uite a while about this and feel they should replace the incorrectly rated springs with the correct spring rate since the miscalcs are on them. It be nice to have new not used springs too given the cost and amount of time that is on my shocks (very little).

We'll see what they do. I told them they should do the right thing and replace them since the reason they don't ride right is because of theyre measurments. We'll see......

Yeah, I had a set of Falcons that had the wrong springs. They came with 50lb springs and I needed 60 lb springs. I asked for 60 lb springs to replace the 50s but none where available and didn't know when they would be. Again, I was offer some used 60s with just a little rust on them.....

I guess I'm just unlucky when it comes to trials shocks????

I think you're right about the leverage ratio thing. When I sent the shocks back I had to fill out this form that measured distances from the swingarm to axel, swingarm to shock pivot top and bottom, etc. Once WP recieved the form the guy that did the calcs admitted he didn't realize the 1983 Cota 242 where mounted so far up on the swing arm and said he thought they were mounted like a 247 hence he got the wrong ratio....

I'm outside the 30 day window by a long shot but I've been calling for q1uite a while about this and feel they should replace the incorrectly rated springs with the correct spring rate since the miscalcs are on them. It be nice to have new not used springs too given the cost and amount of time that is on my shocks (very little).

We'll see what they do. I told them they should do the right thing and replace them since the reason they don't ride right is because of theyre measurments. We'll see......

Well,Hope you get things worked out with Works. Glenn just reminded me that Lewisport does Rockshocks,You might give them a call,It'd be nice to have fully servicable shocks,but I'd probably find myself revalving them after every ride...

Bought works performance shocks for my kt250....told them I wanted the heaviest springs they had for vintage expert, and my weight (175lbs) shafts are 1mm larger than some other

shocks out there and would buy another pair for my TL125. On the KT just spaced them out a little for clearance and bolted them on. I haven't tried any different settings and as far as

I can tell its spot on. I recommend them but quality is not cheap ( 450.00) but you tend to forget about that after replacing the stock ones.

cheers,

dgraf