Telford What Did You Buy?

mattylad

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enquired about the price of a very tidy Majesty, £7700 was the reply!

I found myself heading home empty handed apart from a couple of rockshock stickers. :(

I did however get plenty of good Mont 330 advice which was priceless. -_-

Edited by Hughesy

Paul, it was built with the intention of being ridden by someone we're trying to coax back into twinshocks but could also be for sale (it's not my bike, nothing to do with me)

If you're interested PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner and/or tell you a bit about it. It was assembled literally the day before the show, just in time to get it there on display, so there are still one or two little jobs to be done and then it is ready.

I'm just going out, so be a few hours before I'm back.

Paul, it was built with the intention of being ridden by someone we're trying to coax back into twinshocks but could also be for sale (it's not my bike, nothing to do with me)

If you're interested PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner and/or tell you a bit about it. It was assembled literally the day before the show, just in time to get it there on display, so there are still one or two little jobs to be done and then it is ready.

I'm just going out, so be a few hours before I'm back.

Hi Woody

It won't let me PM you says you can't receive any messages?

But I think you have my email

Paul

I bought some small parts for my Montesa Cota 247 Mk2 project, Venhill cables, Betor shocks (the new aluminium ones) for just 130 Pounds (100 less than here in Spain) and some decalls and stickers.

Would have bought this bike if I only had a van in Telford were to bring it here to Spain.

Many thanks for the replies sounds like a good day out.

Question:

How original is the Beta?

Is it a modified mono? or was the frame originally twinshock, clearly it has had some surgery around the middle.

I like the look however.

Many thanks for the replies sounds like a good day out.

Question:

How original is the Beta?

Is it a modified mono? or was the frame originally twinshock, clearly it has had some surgery around the middle.

I like the look however.

It does look nice although a bit trim around the waist if you know what i mean ? I remember the TR34 had an ally rear subframe that was a bit delicate to say the least. Be interresting to read Woodys reply. As an aside this bike and ones like it are the reason i introduced the Trickshox class to our club as hardly fair to put it up against a std Bultaco, Montesa, Ossa etc. Nice looking bike though :thumbup:

The bike is a 1982/3 Beta TR125 twinshock, absolutely not a modified mono.

The frame has been lowered and slimmed around the middle and the head angle altered (sounds minimal but actually involved an awful lot of time and effort to get that look) Only modern parts are the yokes (no performance advantage at all, used just for looks) and a 240cc engine to replace the knackered 125.

There is nothing done to it that couldn't have been done back in its era apart from the motor. But in reality, if riding in classic/twinshock trials, the motor will offer no advantage at all. A standard TY175 can be ridden competitively in virtually all classic events including some Normandale rounds. Power isn't an issue or advantage in classic events.

In addition to twinshock events, this bike was going to be used in modern B route trials, which is where we do most of our twinshock riding. A bit more power is useful in these events against the modern bikes.