Ty175-Dt175 Crank Shaft

goudrons

I have a DT175E bottom end that has a TY175 flywheel and ignition stator fitted so I guess that is one of the DT175 motors that has the same taper on the LH end.

Are you really asking if they are the same crankshaft or if their crankshafts are interchangeable?

yes, will one fit the other.

I see the conrod is listed as the same, and looking at the dt ones (of pictures) they look the same.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-DT-DT175-Enduro-175-Used-Crank-Crankshaft-Assembly-1981-/400254277858?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d310398e2

I guess my next question is if they are the same does anyone have one for sale or a ty175 one even?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Goudrons, sounds like you found out the hard way. I have a DT and TY from '76, yes different in taper and length of taper. The smaller flywheels tend to be different, but similar tapers, then there is the keyway to match up. It is going to hard to find a compatible match. As Feetup has mentioned, the later DT with the 5 stud head, did accept the TY flywheel. The other thing is the Primary ratio gearing, thats the drive to the clutch. Again, the older DT and TY are the same, but the later DT is different.

Maybe one will turn up on ebay or somewhere, hope you find a TY one.