Indoor Trials... Time For A Change?

boofont

Hi all, been a while since I last posted...

Been watching the indoor stuff on Motors TV and I got thinking, should it be modified a bit to even things out? What I'm on about is that the leader goes last, and therefore has an advantage in that he's seen the other riders and can therefore work the line and get out in less time. I think it's right that the leader should run last, but what about adjusting the section time so that maybe the last rider has a minute, second to last perhaps 1 min 20, then maybe 1 min 40 etc... Or something like that. I'm only saying this from a spectator point of view, perhaps to level things a bit.

Open to the floor for debate...

I liked the "round Robin" that Sheffield used but I think it ought to be in place for the final as well as the qualifier. The Spanish Indoor used to be criticised because the same sections were taken to every round. I don't know if that's still true but it could explain it getting a bit monotonous.

frankly its dying on its feet as a spectacle and a draw.. just look at the size of the audiences on the telly ( and some places only hold 2k

the dominance of one man and the predominace of the same old faces means that if you ve seen one in the last 5 years you ve seen it once why go again.. certainly shows like that laid on by Mart are the way of keeping it fresh but fiddling with the minor rules wont make it any better.. if bou went first and cleaned everything as soon as anyone puts a foot down its game over..

even the SX hasnt been playing to full houses ( the weather has nt been great though) and even though its the most open it s been for years in lites and championship.

i went to a sx race in florida when JMB was riding.. it was MEGA PLEASE bring a round to England!!

I liked the "round Robin" that Sheffield used but I think it ought to be in place for the final as well as the qualifier. The Spanish Indoor used to be criticised because the same sections were taken to every round. I don't know if that's still true but it could explain it getting a bit monotonous.

agreed.

I now know why I have never listened to forums!!!! I heard you guys say the word "dull"which for me is the wrong word, if you think indoors is dull you should think of another sport to take up, and the laughable one "none stop" are you guys crazy? Maybe if you walked the sections you would realise none stop just don't mix with the technicle sections, none stop would make the sections a lot less entertaining for spectators! Indoors is about the glitz and what can be achieved on a trials bike, seem a lot of the blame is being pointed to bou for being so good, I always record the indoors and mostly fast forward to watch bou ride the sections, there is nothing wrong with indoors apart from the dominance of bou, if there is a decline in spectators this is most probably down to the economic situation, people don't have that sortof money to take the wife and kids to an indoor!!