How To Change Crankshaft Oil Seal On Scorpa

scorpa01

just wondering weather anyone has changed there crankshaft oil seal , would like to know where it is , how hard to do it , and would this stop it from being like a smog when riding it

i've already tryed to do a number of things to eliminate this by playing with the air / fuel mixture , the amount of 2 stroke oil i put in but still smoking like mad.

if anyone could upload pics this would be great cheers james

Hi you shouldnt need to split the cases to change the seals, if that is what you need to do. In my experience it is usualy the fly wheel side seal that suffers the most because it is running dry on one side(this should make it run weak if it fails). Easy to change once fly wheel is removed. You can carefully insert two small self tapping screws into seal and then pull seal out whithout damaging the case. oil up and pop new seal in.The other side should be the same but you will have to remove the clutch and water pump gear to get to it.

before you do all that I would make sure the exhaust is clear as it could be full of gunk that is burning, clean air filter and make sure you are using the recomended 2t mix for that bike.

Is it using gearbox oil?

You didnt say if this is a new problem or have you just bought the bike with this problem.

TLTEL

hi there thanks very much for the detailed reply it was smokey when i bought it but not as bad as it is now to be honest ,i never thought about the exhaust being full of crap , but how would you clean it as it is a sealed unit ???, it does seem to use oil thats wot makes me think it is the oil seal it uses about 75/100ml after about 4 rides for about 4/5 hrs each ride .

i'm gonna try and get a video of it running and post it up . Its not that bad on tick over but when reved plumes of smoke.

;(