315R

cje315r

hi,just bought a montesa 315r 2000. Its my first bike and needs some repairs to the engine, this included a new top end which the seller stated on the advert. Just wondering if anybody could tell me what specific parts i would need to replace, the piston needs replacing and the cylinder is badly scored. Any help would be much appreciated, particularly a place where engine parts are available, prefferably in the Leeds/Wakefield area.

Thanks

hi,just bought a montesa 315r 2000. Its my first bike and needs some repairs to the engine, this included a new top end which the seller stated on the advert. Just wondering if anybody could tell me what specific parts i would need to replace, the piston needs replacing and the cylinder is badly scored. Any help would be much appreciated, particularly a place where engine parts are available, prefferably in the Leeds/Wakefield area.

Thanks

Hi there i use Pidcocks for parts just tell them whats wrong with the bike and they will tell you what you need parts wise, it will need the barrell rebored or replated(which ever can be done)also piston & rings,gudgeon pin,small end bearing,circlips,head gasket & base gasket.It would be wise at this stage to check for play in the big end too (side to side ok its the up & down movement you dont want)hold the conrod and try to move it up & down on the big end bearing if your unsure get someone check it over who does as it might not need done.You might want to check the condition of the main bearing oilseals,if your bike needs the big end done tho you would automatically change the main bearing and seals and any other parts that need done while the cases are split depending on the depth of your pockets. Hope this is of some use and you only need some of the above...

Sandifords or Pidcocks to get the actual parts.

What you will need is to firstly get the barrel redone and matched to the correct over size piston depending on which one is already in it. Then you just need the actual piston kit which is the actual piston, the ring set (3), new top end bearing, new wrist pin, 2 new circlips, new head and base gaskets.

You can probably buy everything as a kit, if not the dealers should be able to put everything together for you.

Changing the piston is quite an easy job, but if you are not very mechanical you can have someone do it for you.

I did mine over the long winter months here in Canada, riding when its minus 20 is no fun.

Hi there,

did you buy the bike from a Bloke in doncaster?

I cant get link to the add atm, but if your bike: has a carbon effect tank, a 4rt front mudguard and the owner did a new: airfilter, brake pads etc

Then its the one i looked at, and i may have some extra information for you

Matt