Btc- No Stop

nigel dabster

The whole non stop is a farce.

Years ago we have loads of venues, now its make do so its easier to run stop as you dont need straighter type sections. Yep Jackwood, Scott n SSDT are great non stop trials but not many veneus live upto that standard.

Big turn off for beginners, how many struddle like mad yet they will recieve 5s all day long and no doubt be deterred from this sport.

Bikes are no longer the same as yesteryear, they can stop n start and have ten fold better suspension.

As for the BTC its pointless to make it easier, surely its about who is best and can go on maybe to WTC, not let every man n his dog have a pop at it.

And yes alot of them n us happens, i never kick off but ive took many a five when a named rider gets away with the stop. Maybe i should bawl out FIVE!!!! i do with me mates as part of our p!55 take.

Edited by smalley250

No I am not saying that inconsistency hasn't just (will?) appear, but the no stop rule requires a judgement call which seems very open to interpretation.

It is imperative that direction be given or else its a recipe for disaster imho because of all the reasons stated many times by others.

Perces video of 2011 BTC shows clearly bad judgement and marking of stop allowed where Dibs and others clearly go backwards. 5 for sure but the riders got away with it. With no stop it will be much harder if there are not guidelines set out beforehand, then naturally people will vary but at least someone is TRYING to get a level playing field and the arguments would be less?

I think no stop is daft to be enforced in the 6 BTC events but it needs to be given a proper chance and that can only be done with consistentcy surely.

We are not talking about every football match we are talking about 12 different (observers) referees at one event, big difference.

to me its just so obvious we need lots of support and thought devoted to the pinnacle championship, isn't it a desirable thing that arguments be reduced before they start and everyone knows a stop for nano is a 5?

I seen that vid of Wigg in the section he had a 2, well, what I seen a potential out of bouns on his initial hop up the hill, took the knee dab, then seems a bit of a hop back on the top while trying to get out.

Now being leinient, 2 is good. I might want to run a tape between those flags just so see where the rear did land, as it was close. On tapes this does not matter, but flags are straight lines between as I get it.

Things said, may get a three for indifference, :rolleyes: