Mikuni On Tlr 200

bashplate

• 2 months later...

• 2 months later...

WoooooHooooo, managed to get out on the tlr at last. so latest mods are......the alloy muffler, junked airbox and long inlet running to a uni filter,pilot 20, main jet is now mikuni 102.5.

DSCF3605.jpg

DSCF3603.jpg

DSCF3601.jpg

Had an hour down at the river doing some sections with some tough climbs too......way,way,way better.May be worth trying a 105 main, but I'm not too far of now....WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO. Did a flat out plug chop and the colour was good, power was almost perfect with no stammering like before, defo good enough to use in a trial now :D . Added bonus is getting rid of that piece of sh*t airbox, makes working on the thing SOOOOO much easyer.

Edited by bashplate

Once the tank and seat are on it's pretty much protected. We ride rocky streams and rivers.....it would have to be stupidly deep to reach the filter. Plenty of cub's and C15's ...pretty much any old brit iron running same set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just done the trial today on my xl special, with a best lap score of 5 (lap 4). When I'd finished, I hopped onto the TLR and did a lap for a score of 1. Ran beautifuly and pulled realy strongly all the way through from trickling along slippery rocks in the river, to blasting up climbs.

• 8 months later...

Hi from Mexico

You guys have convinced me that this Mikuni is a vast improvement over the Keihin which came on my TLR Reflex. I bought one on e-bay and it just arrived

today. Straight away...problems. I can not detach the throttle cable from the worthless Keihin. The cable appears to be physically (and very firmly) attached to the top of the Keihin. I am not above using a hack saw to solve the problem, but I really don't like doing that to bike parts.

Is this just a problem on bikes from the United States or are all the throttle cables firmly/physically attached to the Keihin carb??? Do any of you have a solution/recommendation? I must be missing something because it would make no sense to design this piece that way in light of the fact that it is not inconceivable that a throttle cable might break.

Thanks in advance for suggestions...

Mike

Thanks Trev....Now I've got a spare throttle cable for an XR200...but nothing that I can use on my fake Mikuni. The throttle cable for the XR200 is too large in diameter for the fake Mikuni, and strangely enough it is too small for the Keihin. Who knew???

Mike

Good News...I no longer have a spare XR200 cable. With not much work with my Dremel I was able to free the cable from the carb top and then all I had to do was to grind down the ferruel on the carb end of the cable to fit into the fake Mikuni...all is well. Now I'm just waiting for my air cleaner to arrive.

BTW the Motion Pro cable is a quality piece...

Mike

• Like 1