Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cholas

Ty250 For Greenlaning

10 posts in this topic

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I don't see why not if ............

1. You don't mind standing all the time

or

2. You have very short legs that stop your knees from sticking up under your chin (like mine do) when seated.

I rode a 15 mile - non-stop, standing all the way - 'Vinduro' lap last year. It was fun but I was cream-crackered when I finished.

You may want to raise the gearing slightly too ..... though greenlaning isn't (shouldn't be) about speed!!

Lucky old me, I am blessed with short legs and a lack of skill that means any speed will be slow, slow, slow. Got a 35t sprocket that I will try too

We obviously both share the same lack of skill then!

You say you have a 35t sprocket to try therefore I assume you are running std 12/42 (3.5:1) gearing at present?

You will see, going to 12/35 (2.91:1) gearing, a nice but subtle difference.

The 35t looks like a shirt button compared to the 42t. Any idea of road speed with the 35? I realise it's not going to be super bike-esque, but would like to be able to be safe riding short road sections

Sorry I've no idea of what speed but if it helps, the guy I bought mine off had 14/35 gearing fitted for - as he called it - long road sections .

Any views on using my 250 Mono for greenlaning?

Yes - keep the mono for trials and buy a Yamaha Serow,they are brilliant.(And more bikes is good)

Depends how far you're going but fuel range is always going to be a limiting factor, especially now that a lot of the small village stations are gone.

I was thinking of taking a Sigg bottle or similar with some fuel in, just in case. I think a proper enduro bike will be on the cards, just want to get some use out of the TY too