Fantic Kroo - Any Still Out There?

russelld

Hello all, they get mixed reviews but I always liked them, anyone got a nice one out there? Post some pictures up, cheers Russell

That video on R2Wtrials make 'Roos look pretty good. Seems like there's always some KRoos for sale here in the states.

Hi Russell,

Got myself a 1991/2 212cc K-roo around a yr ago,This was Fantics 1st water cooled bike as you probably know

I'm sure they tuned the engine to the maximum cos it's very powerful and responsive,Love the bike and it always

entertains in any style you can ride it,

stuff I've replaced in that year,Mostly because it needed it when it bought it, not cheap keeping an old bike,or a new bike

but stuff crops up on a old bike that might keep you off trials for a week, with a new bike you kinda know you can get it.

Rear wheel bearings,Ignition coil,radiator cap

fork oil seals,chain tensioner and chain and a 9t front sprocket while I learn,

clutch lever my fault.If I was buying another I'd get a 249cc simply because the power isn't so savage,

more torque less trying to hang on when your in the power.

Chris.

I have one of the last KRoo parked up at the old mans, I bought it cheap for the engine bottom end to graft an air cooled top end on as it was really sweet. Not very pretty but not so bad to ride. I would have been better than the Aprilia Climber I bought when they were both new models, even though I loved the 280 engine.

i just got a 93 key roo and it rocks i haven't rode a trials bike since my 67 bultaco sherpa t 250 back in early 90s. no one here on the north oregon coast in astoria has ever seen a fantic before so i get checked out everywhere i go.the biggest issue i find with it other than finding parts is the clutch plates tend to stick when you first start up bike, i found parts at the trialsshop in newyork state the shop guy mike was very helpfull in giving me info on my bike, i have the phone number if you need it don't have handy right now. i'll be posting pictures of my bike soon

• 7 months later...

• 1 month later...