Lochaber British Championship Round

allymo73

Work has started on our round of the 2012 British championship.We have changerd venue to Nevis range,venue of the last 2 world rounds.We wont be using the route used by them up by gondala station but have a bran new unseen and unused burn.Never seen a trials bike in it. All natural sections perfect for the new rules with a man made final section in car park.Not a big lap but we are very hopefull of getting use of a minibus to shuttle spectators between the 2 groups of sections.The land is owned by forestry commision and nevis range so there will be a few strict rules in place regarding speeding on tracks and no illeagal practicing.Does anyone know when the list of riders riding each class becomes available.Pics will be available on the lochaber trials club face book page

Work has started on our round of the 2012 British championship.We have changerd venue to Nevis range,venue of the last 2 world rounds.We wont be using the route used by them up by gondala station but have a bran new unseen and unused burn.Never seen a trials bike in it. All natural sections perfect for the new rules with a man made final section in car park.Not a big lap but we are very hopefull of getting use of a minibus to shuttle spectators between the 2 groups of sections.The land is owned by forestry commision and nevis range so there will be a few strict rules in place regarding speeding on tracks and no illeagal practicing.Does anyone know when the list of riders riding each class becomes available.Pics will be available on the lochaber trials club face book page

All off road?

• 2 weeks later...

5 weeks and the work is progressing along nicely after a few problems with the forestry comission and some rare moss.I hear there are 31 riders entered for championship series so hopefully we will get a good entry as this will be good practice for the ssdt.We have just recieved the regs from acu so we will get them changed asap.Remember experts it first come first served so get your entries in sharpe to avoid dissapointment

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me how accessable this event is for spectators on foot ?? i.e. Can I park up somewhere and walk to the sections without feeling I'm climbing Nevis it'self ??

Yeah, piece of cake mate. I think they are using the main burn used in the Scottish and WTC rounds plus another closer to Fort William. Park at the Gondola lift the sections start about 100 yards away on the right hand side of the car park as you look towards Aonach Mhor. If I'm wrong I'm sure Allymo73 will give you a better description.